[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Ok, got BC installed and it is no longer crashing

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:18 pm 

However when I go to open a map, 1942, DC does not matter no buildings or vehicles show up. Nothing is found. Just the ground...

I bought it and must say, I do not like it at all. Complete waste of 50 bucks!

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:54 am 

Are you saying this is for desert combat?

If not, you know there is a menu on the top row that switches between surface map painter, object mapper, material mapper & terrain mapper?

The reason you wouldn't see DC buildings is because the .SAMPLES files weren't installed. FYI, BC only has samples for 1942 buildings/objects, NOT any mods. Samples files are really just standardmesh files renamed to a different extension.

Open a 1942 map and see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:46 am 

well ill tell you right now when that one fatfull time this crappy program even worked for me i spen about 3 hours modding berlin in dc just to find that vehicles dont show up :mad: but buildings and stuff was ther i could only get vehicles that i chenged out of battlecraft to work with 1942 if i putt vehicles in a map that was not a custome map in dc they wouldent show up :? but whatever bc dont work anymore anywho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:30 am 

I bought it and must say, I do not like it at all. Complete waste of 50 bucks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:49 am 

Open it with Bf1942 and not DC. Looks the same and have same coords.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:36 pm 

Your Problem here is Poor LST and CFG files.

There are many Versions of Battlecraft, and basically Every version needs the CFGs and LSTs to be Written Specifically Right.

I Suggest, Opening your LST and CFG Files, and Using the BF1942 CFG and LST files that came with Battlecraft, Start Copying and Pasting Items that may be missing, and things that are in there that dont need to be. Often Community Made CFG and LST files are horrible because they NEVER WORK. They either crash your BC or things dont show up. I admit even with them working alot of the Stuff wont show up, but thats because DC has like fifty different versions, And some retards who write CFG's and LST's dont realize that certain things are in Desert Combat Final, some things are in Desert Combat 0.7 some are in DC Extended, And they just put them all in there, and then nothing works.

And Plus DC is Horrible for Battlecraft because the Developers went ahead and added Sub folders to most of their .rfa's and when you type in Standardmesh=(Standmesh) well thats not the folder they are in. They are in the DesertCombat folder of Standardmeshes, which have ANOTHER sub folder.

In Order to See These Objects, you'll have to Extract Your ENTIRE Standardmesh and Texture.rfa Files to your desktop. Move ALL the Standardmeshs and Textures to the Route Folder (Texture and Standardmesh) and repack them So BC Can Friggin Read them. DC is such a screwed mod for BC. FH, Pirates, all those are much easier.

You Literaly will have to go through a ReWrite your DesertCombat CFG and LST to get them right, When you get LST and CFG files from online, they are nice to have the Coded Objects already Coded out, But unfortunately they mess up file paths and your BC cant read anything from StandardMesh.rfa Objects.rfa Texture.rfa. They f#%^ it up. I get so pissed at modders who think they have it right but really dont.

Id Show you my DC CFG and LST but my BC got deleted on my System Recovery. Along with all my stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:31 pm 

do you know if thers a way to fix open GL problems?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:35 am 

Buy new graphic cards that supports open GL usually helps. ;-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next