[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Mario Kart Mod...Now better then ever....

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:40 pm 

I ported several Mario Kart levels including one working vehicle from the Gamecube console game "Mario Kart Double Dash".

In this latest version I have finished, a host of new features are now available. To give you a perspective on this mod, I first created this mod back in 2006. This was before I knew all I know today. Only when I started working on the DC Unauthorized mod (was called PoE Comanche back when it was first created) was when I learned all I know today.

With that in mind, I began some "renovations" to this old mod I had collection digital dust. :P

The major improvement is the conversion of two famous Mario Kart weapons. The banana and Green Koopa Shell. Finally after all this time I managed to get these in. No you still can't play as Mario. But nonetheless the mod is much better then it used to.

Here's a outdated video to show you what the mod mostly looks like now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtyzumZb8b8

Here's much newer videos I uploaded today that show what the mod looks like now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiws5RuDcfg

And the new handweapons too!:

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/T ... ananas.flv

So the mod has more to offer now. You can lay down bananas and shoot shells at your oppenants. Yes the rear seat also has Banana/Shell weapons

The kits have been replaced with the Banana/Shell counterparts as well. With most of the kits you get a knife, pistol, 3 Bananas, and 4 Shells.

The engineer kits have the same except with a wrench, and a medpack for the medic kits.

Item boxes (also converted from Mario Kart) have been placed in the maps for resupply when you run out of bananas and Shells. The way it works isn't perfect (if you drive too fast, the item boxes won't resupply you in time), but for the moment it's the best it will get.

Download Links:

http://www.filefront.com/14808541/GCN_M ... .part1.exe
http://www.filefront.com/14808901/GCN_M ... .part2.rar
http://www.filefront.com/14809125/GCN_M ... .part3.rar

Download all 3 files into one directory and run the installer. The mod was uploaded in 3 parts due to limited upload bandwidth. So I couldn't upload it as one file. Sorry.

Due to the nature of the mod, COOP/Singleplayer is not supported. Though Pipe Plaza and Baby Park do have bots on them, don't expect it to be very fun. The bots on Baby Park won't move and Pipe Plaza....is kinda small for a shoot fest... :P

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:34 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:02 pm 

UPDATE:

v9.0 Ready!

http://www.filefront.com/14901327/Mario ... tch_v9.exe

Changes in v9.0:

1. Mushroom City now has a proper collision mesh. Fixed minor graphical glitches with the mesh.
2. Pipe Plaza re-imported and also has a collision mesh. It looks much better now.
3. Physics for KoopaShell projectile finally perfected. Engine has been removed from it. :D
4. Drag reduced on Banana projectile.
5. Completely redone Mario object with new animations. It has 3 idle animations and now has a death animation.
6. Mario converted to a PCO so you can kill him now. :D
7. Re-imported/Exported Luigi Circuit and enhanced collision mesh by adding grass material IDs on grass areas and so on
8. 3 more objects converted to AnimatedBundles: Luigi Blimp, the Sunflowers, and the tree. All of which are on Luigi Circuit.
9. Magsize increased for toadkart. toadKart now has wreck mesh and a wreck wheel that will fly out at destruction.
10. Dynamic Shadow updated for toadKart.
11. Koopa shell now has it's own toss effect at death.
12. AI added to koopa shell kart weapons. However only the rear seat has AI for the Banana weapon. (bots would end up killing them selves with it ;) )

v8.0 must be installed first before applying this v9.0 patch. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:32 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:04 pm 

I installed the mod, but there seems nothing in bf1942 ... why?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:19 am 

You might not have have started the mod and the game was running in vanilla Bf1942 mode.....

Is your game installed to the default path? (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942)

If not, then the installer didn't install it to the right place for you. The installer can only work if your game is installed in the default location. You will have to change the install path before installation if that is the case.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:33 pm 

vanilla?..sorry, my BF1942 is a version BF1942 1.61..maybe is it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:38 pm 

No Vanilla is just the term used for standard BF1942 with no mods. It doesn't mean you don't have the right version of the game. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next