[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Some of the stuff I've made...

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 pm 

I have made quite a few things for this game. So much so, that I can't use seperate threads for each one. So I will compile it all in this one.

First up:
---------------------------------
The Simulator
Its called "The Simulator" and is designed to look like everything is "simulated".

Once you see the screenshots/try it out, you'll know what I mean. Its perhaps one of the weirdest maps I've made.

I made 6 static objects from scratch. They are basic "geometric" objects that litter the whole map. They have mobile physics, so you can move them around and such. :P

Here's some screen shots: (click to view, they are kinda large for the forums)

The Water Simulator:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5657/s004yg9.jpg

The Forklift Simulator: (featuring the new objects I made)
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7049/s003db9.jpg

The Forest Simulator:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5347/s002bf4.jpg

The Urban Simulator:
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7624/s001pi7.jpg

And now for the download link. It comes with a installer batch program to install it for you. But note it only works if you installed the game in the default directory that it normally installs to.

This is for the desertcombat mod. But it doesn't use any DC specific static objects, so it can easily be ported to any mod you wish.

Mirror 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzzzezmbwzd

Mirror 2:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=878J0KIB
(links updated with final version of this map)
Hope you enjoy it!

I have made the finalized version of this map. I have made the following improvements:

1. Added some planes, So as a result, I removed the out of bound for this map. You can now explore the entire map.

2. Added another control point. In a area called "Terrain Simulator"

3. The custom objects are no longer "static objects". They are full fledged PCOs and are destructible. They will respawn when destroyed and will reset to their spawn position when the map is restarted. They also have a new effect attached to them When they blow up, they split into smaller pieces of themselves!

4. The "cube" object is much more stable now, you can actually lift it with the forklifts! The sphere will still stick to the forklift though, but doesn't stick to most other vehicles anymore. I had changed the material IDs on all of them in order to make them destructible.

5. The textures for the custom objects were updated to make them more visible on the map.

6. 3 new objects made for a total of 6 objects. These are simply smaller versions of the existing ones that are used for the armor effect that makes the larger ones explode into these smaller ones.

6. The terrain outside of the main explorable area has been raised.

7. Terrain textures fixed. There is no longer that area off near the edge that has all blue textures. I have also made the whole map uniform in the textures. It seems the DDS files didn't have the proper numbering setup, so a whole row of the terrain at the edge of the map has a solid color to it.

8. Mini-map updated. You can see where the explorable area ends on the mini map. Don't worry, there is no out of bounds on this one, so you can go anywhere you want. (but of coarse you can't go off the edge of the map, you will still die if you do that of coarse!)

Updated Screenshots: (click to view)

View of coalition base:
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7818/s2so7.jpg

View of improved custom objects:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9074/s1ck6.jpg

View of "Terrain Simulator":
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4486/s3td9.jpg

The links above have been updated. I recommend that if you already downloaded the last version, that you download this version and replace the old one.

-----------------------------------------------
Night Conversions
-----------------------------------------------
The map is now called "Omaha Nights" and you guessed it, its Omaha Beach at night! This is for DesertCombat by the way.

Screenshots:(click to enlarge)

Download Link:

Mirror 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4nkylw3mo2o

Mirror 2:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FYXPXZ4R

The night conversion affects all modes including singleplayer. As with the last Night converted map, this one is entirely independent of the original, so you don't have to worry about losing the original Omaha Beach or having PunkBuster issues.

I have now finished Gazala as well:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y2tyoqnhngy

I have converted El Alamein to a night map and finally fixed the terrain glitch. It now works 100% currectly. Fog has been set to start at 300 and end at 500. So you get a little less view distance then you had in the day version. This is to make it perhaps more realistic since in most cases in real life you can't see as far at night then day.

Objectlightmaps were regenerated with lower ambient light settings so they are darker and won't "Glow in the darK" like they would if I didn't regenerate them.

I used GIMP to darken the terrain textures to make it feel more night. I also had to reduce the amount of red in the textures since if I just darkened them they would have a slight red tint to them ingame. All modes are converted since this is a texture change and init.con change, all game modes will be night. This map has its own base name seperate from El Alamein so you won't have to worry about Punkbuster kicking you for having this installed.

El Alamein maps converted:

El Alamein ---------> El Alamein Night
El Alamein Day 2 --> El Alamein Night 2
El Alamein Day 3 --> El Alamein Night 3

Screenies: (click to enlarge)

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?s1umngfngjs

Mario Kart Double Dash conversion
I had some free time to kill and decided to work on getting Mario Kart Double dash levels into Battlefield 1942. Yes its pointless but, hey whats better to do then port a children's racing game to a violent first person shooter?

lol I worked on getting 7 levels ingame and they all work fine. Now if I went into the details on how I did all this, this single post would probably take up one page.

So I will show you some screenshots of what they look like ingame and then provide a download link for all you to try it out. Some levels don't look 100% currect since BF1942 doesn't have the same kind of shaders that the Gamecube had. And that the program I used to export the levels to 3DS format isn't capable of exporting the shaders so even if I ported these to Battlefield 2 (which will never happen since BF2's format requires a whole bunch more crap to do to the models before you can even export them) they still wouldn't look that much different then how they look now in BF1942.

Well enough of that here's some screen shots of all the levels I made: (click to enlarge)

Luigi's Mansion:

Block City:

Baby Park:

Luigi Circuit:

Mushroom Bridge:

Mushroom City:

Pipe Plaza:

If you want to try it out for your self download it from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jk5mmy0ett2
Update: Link updated with final version. Lag should be fixed on ALL the maps! Plus, the new Mario Kart vehicle has been added to all the maps now.

Just put all the rfas into the level directory of your DesertCombat mod.
--------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

That about covers all I made. (the major ones anyway)

All the maps I made above are for DesertCombat. The RFAs go in the level directory of your DesertCombat mod.

Feel free to post your opinions on it!

Last edited by Apache Thunder on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:11 pm 

Cool stuff...... seriously, good work. And welcome to the forums.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:43 pm 

Wow nice work I'm impressed. Love the holodeck!

(we need to recruit this guy for the 2.0 patch!)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:45 pm 

Thanks.

Not sure what the "2.0 Patch" is, but I would indeed be willing to help out with any requests.

Some of the stuff I made have been around for awhile. (the oldest my work was that Mario Kart mod). The most recent is the Omaha Nights/Gazala Nights and "The Simulator" (aka the holodeck :D )

I still got quite a bit to learn on "serverside modding". But I am more then capaple of making just about anything client side. Sadly, I have very little BF2 modding knowlage. That game's a little to complicated for me to work on. (plus a crappy level editor doesn't help either). But I can do basic stuff like port a level to a different mod and such.

But my primary expertise lies in Battlefield 1942.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:58 pm 

Wow! That's quite an impressive effort there. Especially the looks of the Mario Kart levels. Although I do like the concept of Omaha Beach at night too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:54 am 

I sent a PM about 2.0 patch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:11 pm 

wow awsome stuff here not to keen on the mod called "the simulator" but the rest of your work is pretty cool especialy the mario mod keep te good work up

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:14 pm 

Thanks!

UPDATE!:

I have finished two new vehicles! One for "The Simulator" and another for my Mario Conversion mod. I will upload the updated "The Simulator" later, but here is some screenshots of the new Mario Kart vehicle: (click to enlarge)

External View

External view of driver seat with soldier:

External view of second seat with soldier:

Maps updated:

1. Baby Park
2. Mushroom City
3. Pipe Plaza

Bugs fixed:

1. Bomb car in Mushroom city will now respawn after it explodes. Its still deadly so watch out! :twisted:
2. Mushroom City CTD has been fixed. Bad AI code would crash all modes. So I removed it. This effectively removed singleplayer mode. I'm too lazy to fix the AI, so I just removed it. Baby Park and Pipe Plaza still have working singleplayer.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lwqmvniujxd

The new vehicle will make it feel even more like Mario Kart!

The maps included with this update are multiplayer compatible, and should not lag. Hope you enjoy it!

EDIT:

Finished my update to "The Simulator". This "should" be the final version of this map.

I added a scratch made vehicle. The "BoxCar". It is made of simple geometric objects and shoots armor piercing rounds from the cone on the cube shaped turret! (uses the same gun cannon as the M2A3 Bradley)

Screenshots:

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qqzgnynnmvz

It is fully driveable and is mostly AI friendly. I couldn't get bots to use the vehicle without a game CTD, so I locked them out. However I preserved the AI templates, so the enemy bots will at least shot at you when your using this vehicle. (same goes for the Mario Kart vehicle)

I used this level to build and debug another vehicle that is for my Mario Kart Mod. I left it in as an easter egg. (since I'm too lazy to remove it... :D )

This should complete my level projects for now

Last edited by Apache Thunder on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next