[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Sea Battle Map

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sea Battle Map
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:39 pm 

I've just released a pre-final version of my simple-yet-fun Sea Battle map.

Map notes:
SHIPS ARE THE ONLY SPAWN POINTS! THEY DON'T RESPAWN!

Map Specifics: There are three flags, the left flag spawns a submarine (sub)(does not respawn, each team gets o?nly o?ne when they cap the flag), the middle flag spawns a battleship (BB), and the right flag spawns a destroyer (DD). Holding all three flags runs the ticker.

Strategy: This map is quite plain and boring to look at, but the strategy and gameplay is surprisingly fun. Do not cap a flag unless you're prepared to use the vessel it spawns. IF you leave an unoccupied vessel, you'll probably lose it. This plays like chess: sub takes BB, BB takes DD, DD takes sub. I'd recommend hiding any ships you're not using. Also remember that if you're in a sub, and it's the last spawn point, get out so team mates can spawn in. They can take landing craft to cap flags.

NEW TO THIS VERSION: All ships have increased hit points, subs and spawned destroyers have been heavily modded (thx to ADCAP mod by Major Hartmann). All ships except subs now have medic lockers.

Spawned destroyer has lost it's rear gun and depth charges. In their place, sea mines can be layed, and 3 special flak turrets have been added.

Sub now fires a 4 torpedo salvo instead of 2, has a deck gun, 2 mounted AA machine guns, and a rear-firing torpedo!

Get HIT Sea Battle .

[HIT] is a BF 1942 clan, our gameserver name is hitclan.net
Visit us at

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:03 pm 

Well, never mind. Seems like now I can host, but no one can connect without a crash to desktop (CTD). I had someone else host, same symptoms. Unfortunately there isn't a log in BF anymore, so I can't track this problem to figure out what the problem is. Here's the exact symptoms, I sure hope someone has a solution.

I (or anyone with the map) host a game. You can go into it and play no problem.
The client connects, they load until completion, then CTD. Their name shows up in the game until they are disconnected.

The files are all the same on all the computers, if you need to see any code, the map is available to download above.

Visit us at

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:25 pm 

i downloaded and took a quick look at yer map... may i suggest a troubleshooting idea: try remming out vehicles until the crashing stops.. it might be one of the vehicles you have defined in you objects directory (cut & paste error maybe?)...

Rules??? Don't be silly... this is war

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:05 pm 

Thanks Tan, just what I'd planned to do! I'm anticipating that the problem is the new units I've added, I suspect it's a path problem, due to the file structure of my map. I'm planning to eliminate the "game" folder that's in there, I suspect it's causing a prob. I'll move the contents of the folder somewhere else, and use a run statement to declare it. Problem is, no time to work on it til tonight! :( Ah well. I haven't lost all my ambition yet, if I can get this map going then it'll be a final version by the end of the week! :D

What did you think of the sub and destroyer? They're only accessable by capping the left and right flags, I have two types of destroyer in there. :D I'm thinking of adding another one minus the guns, that can repair ships.

Visit us at

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:15 am 

i noticed there's no network.con for your sub7c, however you have a ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo Sub7cBodyInfo in your objects.con... that might cause a problem...

Rules??? Don't be silly... this is war

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:24 am 

oooo sounds like a nifty map, hope ya get that all worked out, post when its all fixed. dont want to re dl it a bunch, unless you need help debugging anyway

Krackhouse.net DCF #2
69.9.163.33:14567

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:08 am 

Visit us at

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:25 am 

I took the network.con files from the original units and put them in, and set up the cons to run. I noticed the same ones did not have the geometries.con, what are they used for? I put them in as well. I can still run the map locally, I've gotta wait til my testers get up tomorrow before I can find out if my changes work.

Visit us at

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next