[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - RC plane

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: RC plane
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:05 pm 

As for your problem, have you tried changing the horn to rightclick? I'm not familier with the Spitfire, so I don't know what weapon load out it has. But I do know that problems will arise if you have two different firearms tied to the same fire key. Try modding the gun firearm on the Spitfire to fire the PCO instead of adding a horn to it.

EDIT: Wait, I think you were trying to make the willy or something fire a plane.If the car you are using already has a horn on left click, then you must either mod the added horn to work via right click or mod the existing horn to launch your PCO. Just keep in mind that some vehicles might share the same horn, so be sure you are applying it to a horn that isn't used by other types of vehicles on the map your are doing it on. (unless you want to)

I have succesfully added a second horn to a truck in DesertCombat that used right click. I removed the network info to the added horn and it worked. Keep in mind you do not need to remove network info from a horn that was already on a vehicle to begin with. Only the horn you add will need the network info removed. Also, the "horn" sound for the new horn will not be audible client side (as sound effects and certain graphics is not SSM compatible), but the purpose of the new horn isn't for sound, so this is a non-issue.

For best result I recommend you add a horn that isn't used on your map. I haven't tried adding a horn from a humvee to a truck on a map that still has humvees on it. So that could also be causing the disconnecting. Usually the disconnect is caused by the network info, so you probably didn't remove the network info from the new horn properly.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:34 am 

if you dont need the remote control thingy, just addtemplate a spawner to the fired projectile instead.

try first to addtemplate the horn without any extra and see if it work or crash, what map are you using this on?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:39 am 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:31 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:03 pm 

I have tried it on both the regular bundle of the vehicle and the complexBundle. I have already rem'd out the networkableinfo for it. Read the whole thread next time ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:17 pm 

Well then I guess you can't do it in vanilla BF1942, since that is exactly how I did it in DesertCombat. :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:24 pm 

Well, :mad: This should work, I don't get it. It loads the whole way, then before the ready screen comes up, it says disconnected from server. It's almost enough to make me think that this isn't the issue. My server is kinda strange, like it won't run Battle Of Britain or Omaha Beach modded or not, so maybe I'm just screwed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:15 pm 

I just tried it in vanilla BF1942 with El Alamein with SS environment. I didn't get disconnected, however, the added code had no effect since nothing happened when I tried to use the horn. Try this on a vehicle that already had a horn as adding a horn to a vehicle that didn't have a horn to start out with may not work.

Also try reinstalling your game and server files as something is wrong on your end since I did not get a disconnection on my side.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next