Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:56 am 

Hey everyone,

It's always seemed to me that in the DC mod that the T72 has more power in climbing, fighting, just about everything. It seems to require fewer T72 rounds to kill an M1 than it does M1 rounds to kill a T72.

In any event, I looked at the physics.con file for both tanks, and also the damage numbers. They seemed to be identical to me. I was shocked.

Please let me caveat this - I've never messed with the damage settings before, nor have I messed with the engine properties, besides playin' around a little with the Humvee. I did some searching, both here and generally on the web, but can't find much about any differences between the two. It's very possible I'm looking at the wrong settings, or I'm missing some piece of the puzzle. If the question is asked and answered, I would appreciate a link.

I understand that a direct, straight on hit seems to do more damage than one at an angle. The T72 sits lower and is less angular than the M1 (while hitboxes all seem to be square, the T72's is a lower profile). Would this account for the difference?

Really, I'm just trying to understand - are they supposedly equal? If not, where should I look for the differences, but if so, why do they seem so different?

My ultimate goal would be to better balance them a little better. The T72's not having a fully rotatble turret seems like a small price to pay for laying waste to the Allied tank force.

Thanks,

Swanny

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:27 am 

I never really noticed the T-72 being better in any way, and in fact, in real life the Abrams owns it... Whenever I use a M1 in DC, usually 2 shots to engine, 4 for frontal armor. T-72 is more like 3 shots to engine, 5 to frontal armor. So maybe it's me, but they seem the opposite from what you say..

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]