Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:06 pm 

Ok, here goes - my first post here?

Let me start by saying that this site has become crucial in modding BF titles. I have really learned a lot by reading here and have been hesitant to post because I am such a modding noob. But I really need help, please excuse the length of this post but I would like to be as thorough as possible.

I run a server for battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons DEMO. I have done a bunch of mods on it and helped others with a MOD switching program and a couple of SSM and CSM mods. The mod I am currently working on adds the helicopters from the Eve Of Destruction mod to the DEMO. I got the idea for this after playing the DoomsDay mod (it was a CSM for the demo that imported in the B-17 and other planes from the full version of the game.) I have gotten all of the files needed to display the new vehicles and include them in the _001.rfa format. They work if I "create" a server from within the game. I can fly and shoot them just like in the normal game. BUT if I try to join the created game from another pc on the LAN or internet I get a "Data Differs" error. (ALL OF THE PCs USED HAVE THE SAME FILES)

Thats the overall problem.

I have looked into a number of solutions:

I have tried the ingame "create server," the "run dedicated server, and the BlackBagOps server manager to start the game.

I have tried every possible setting for the content checking including creating a new "contentCrc32.con" files and using the same ones on all of the PCs

Well, there it is any thoughts or ideas will be very much appreciated.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]