[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Ideas and Assistance Requested for New SSM Program in Flash

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:22 am 

EDIT: See its current progress .

Dear ssm folks,
I'm looking for any sort of assistance I can conjure for a little app that could greatly reduce the redundant task of coordinate-scouting. In addition, it will be able to look at the contents of those ObjectSpawns.con and ObjectSpawnTemplates.con files that we work with so much, and then it will render a map, complete with all the icons in the correct positions and with the correct rotations. When the mouse hovers over any of these vehicle's icons, details relating to the object will appear in a little pop-up information box (ideally), perhaps like this:
Okay I admit I just photoshopped a screenie from Google maps, but thats the idea.

HOW IT COULD HELP with finding spawn coordinates...
You could potentially place many objects without using BattleCraft 42 or using the console.showStats 1 console command to find coordinates; you could make complex airfield layouts with only the aid of this thing. The way I see it, people (the greater majority) only place vehicles in certain spots, usually in very smooth, level locations where the height (or Y coordinate) can be estimated. With the X and Z coordinates easily achievable through this flash program (and ideally a zoom feature for more exactness), a pretty close height estimate can be made by somehow implementing an imagemapping-kinda-deal maybe. This is what I mean by average heights for large, often-used areas:

HOW IT COULD HELP you to stay organized...
How many times have you been staring at code from some Berlin_001.RFA file, trying to remember what's in the mod? If you're sick of waiting through the infamously long map-loading times of BF42 only because you can't remember what you put where, this thing will save lotsa time. Just copy and paste the contents of your ObjectSpawns.con and ObjectSpawnTemplates.con files into text fields, then select what map you modded.

Although it might seem like a pain to create, I've completed much of the scripting already in javascript (what I have can be found ). Hopefully, with javascript and actionscript being so closely related, it'll be easy to make this into a workable flash application.

But I need quite a bit of help yet.

If anyone has a suggestion or knows how to script in Flash, please let me know. I think it'd be a helluva useful app.

Last edited by cfarge on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:43 pm 

Awesome idea, but i think this goes way deep into coding.
I ll help if i can but i dunno where exactly u are at since i have very limitesd knowledge of java.

For the cause though i will investigate and learn if u point me into the right direction.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:57 am 

Excellent idea about a new SSM Program!

The only issue is that I've already developed exactly THAT application years ago. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:19 am 

That's right, we have been using the "MC" ( Magoo Configurator ) for years now.

Magoo developed this application back in May 2005 and we have been using it to quickly place/move spawnable objects (Commanche, Super_Stryker, ZR-77 ) in the custom DC_MrMagoo mod maps. ;-)

Anthony Voltano 7/7/4777
VXF VOLT

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:36 pm 

Okay, you've posted in 4 different threads about this magical program.

I don't really care if it exists or not, but a screenshot would be nice.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:39 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:27 pm 

If you want to keep it for yourself, why tell us about it?

Or let the guy do his thing and share it with us others here.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:19 pm 

i think they just made this up to post some more oversized screenshots of blue things.

--= Home of the Airwolf =--

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next