[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Making CP's into Uncap-Mains

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:21 pm 

I have already tried that on a hunch (sorry should have mentioned that) but it didn't make any noticeable difference. Could you suggest what numbers to use?

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:49 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:38 am 

EDIT: Lol the guy above me beat me to it. Oh well, this information should still be usefull to someone. :D

Each flag has a setting that defines how "important" it is. To compensate for the uncappables, you must adjust the "ObjectTemplate.areaValue" setting for each flag so that they are evened out.

The area Value for the uncaps can be set to zero and the value points lost from doing that added on to the remaining flags evenly. This should fix your problem without playing with the ticket bleed settings.

For example if you have 4 flags and each flag had a area value of 10 points (adding up to 40 points total), and you change it to make two of them uncappable, then take the 10 points from the two flags you were making uncaps and divide them evenly to the rest of the flags (so that each cappable flag had 20 points and the two uncaps has 0 points). Simple math skills is all you need. :D

Things get a bit more difficult if you have an uneven amount of flags (if you end up with two uncaps and three cappables for example) But a bit more math skills can once again help you! So unless you haven't passed the 3rd grade or lack a calculator and a brain, then this shouldn't be to hard. :twisted:

Things can be a bit more math intensive if the flag balance is intentionally imbalanced.

I discovered this important info while adding a new CP to COOP mode of the Golf of Oman map that I converted from Vietnam.

Here you go:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ObjectTemplate.create controlpoint AlliesBase_2_Cpoint
ObjectTemplate.networkableInfo ControlPointInfo
ObjectTemplate.setControlPointName Soviet_HQ
ObjectTemplate.radius 5
ObjectTemplate.team 2
ObjectTemplate.spawnGroupId 2
ObjectTemplate.objectSpawnerId 2
ObjectTemplate.areaValue 0
ObjectTemplate.timeToGetControl 9999
ObjectTemplate.timeToLoseControl 9999
ObjectTemplate.disableIfEnemyInsideRadius 0
ObjectTemplate.disableWhenLosingControl 0
ObjectTemplate.loseControlWhenEnemyClose 1
ObjectTemplate.loseControlWhenNotClose 0
ObjectTemplate.unableToChangeTeam 1
ObjectTemplate.geometry flagbase_m1
ObjectTemplate.hasCollisionPhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate AnimatedFlag
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/8.2/0
ObjectTemplate.setTeamGeometry 1 flagge_m1
ObjectTemplate.setTeamGeometry 2 flagso_m1

ObjectTemplate.create controlpoint AxisBase_1_Cpoint
ObjectTemplate.setControlPointName German_Mitte_HQ
ObjectTemplate.radius 10
ObjectTemplate.team 1
ObjectTemplate.spawnGroupId 1
ObjectTemplate.objectSpawnerId 1
ObjectTemplate.areaValue 0
ObjectTemplate.timeToGetControl 9999
ObjectTemplate.timeToLoseControl 9999
ObjectTemplate.unableToChangeTeam 1

ObjectTemplate.create controlpoint openbase_leftside_3_Cpoint
ObjectTemplate.setControlPointName Brunnenstrasse_HQ
ObjectTemplate.radius 10
ObjectTemplate.team 1
ObjectTemplate.spawnGroupId 3
ObjectTemplate.objectSpawnerId 3
ObjectTemplate.areaValue 55
ObjectTemplate.timeToGetControl 10
ObjectTemplate.timeToLoseControl 10

ObjectTemplate.create controlpoint openbase_rightside_4_Cpoint
ObjectTemplate.setControlPointName Bernauer_Strasse_HQ
ObjectTemplate.radius 9
ObjectTemplate.team 1
ObjectTemplate.spawnGroupId 4
ObjectTemplate.objectSpawnerId 4
ObjectTemplate.areaValue 55
ObjectTemplate.timeToGetControl 10
ObjectTemplate.timeToLoseControl 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The axis base had a value of 50, so I divided that by two and added 25 to both the cappables and they are now 55. (and now the axis base is set to zero, this is the main factor that will fix the ticket bleed) Hopefully this should do it for you.

If you want one flag to have importance over the other, simply offset them. Making one 65 and one 55 for example. It gets more complicated if you have a lot more then two flags to work with, but you get the idea.

Also, I have no idea if the area value is server side moddable, but I see no reason why it wouldn't as the server governs the ticket loss anyway.

I think setting the two area values to a evenly lower number (like 20 and 20 for example) will slow the over all ticket loss. The reverse is true if you evenly increase them.

EDIT: Oh crap, seems the guy above me beat me to the area value setting. Lol. Any way, my settings will work just as fine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:10 am 

Alright, thanks guys. I'll let you know how this works.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:18 pm 

I said I'd let you know if it worked or not. IT DOESN'T. I just got chance to test it, and....It crashes the server. Is it that these values are unchangeable? It seems that way.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:28 pm 

How come everything you test crashes? lol

I've done this with success on liberation of caen before....flag values and turning a flag into an uncap.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:31 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:11 pm 

Well, I don't think 51 instead of 55 would cause the crash. Only change would be a very slight decrease in ticket bleed. It has to be something else you changed that caused this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next