[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Any mappers care to help with one?

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:16 am 

If any mappers/modelers out there are bored...attention!!

Awhile back I set out to make a custom map. Kind of a 'homage' to a rogue spear / rainbow six map(city street large, if you're familiar with it). The problem was that I was limited by buildings/props from 1942. I've just recently got into 3D modeling..and still have no idea what I'm doing!

Anyhow, I had the terrain/static objects pretty much all placed, for the exception of some customized buildings/objects.

If you're at all interested...I'd love to have some input/help on the map. It seems in this case I am limited by my 3d modeling knowledge.

A quick rundown of the map:
Two Large Buildings, placed north and south, facing each other. A block or two apart. 2 buildings on each east & west side, two stories. The north/south buildings are accessible from the front door, or a ladder on the first floor that leads to a tunnel system. Each sides tunnel is identical, which meets in the middle under the empty space as a large warehouse (lots of boxes, wheels, steel supports--it looks great). I think this would work out very well as a CTF map, but even CQ and TDM as well, with flags spread around.

When i get home I could post some screenshots of what I have so far.

let me know if you're interested!

-iced earth

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:40 am 

Yes, I am interested in helping to create new maps/mods/3D models, etc.

Let's see some screenshots of what you have so far. ( overhead map view )

What mod do you want the map to be ?

More details please.

Good luck & let me know how I may help you. 8-)

Anthony Voltano 7/7/4777
VXF VOLT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:33 pm 

Thanks for replying volt. This is a regular 'ol 1942 map.

Here's just a few screens I have so far:

Overhead view. Main bases are north and south, two extra buildings on each side.

An old screen of the warehouse starting to come together.

Warehouse, with roof over it (and top for ground level)

Almost completed..

Each north and south building has a ladder that's only accessible from the inside. Due to my not having ANY 3DMAX experience...I just had to enclose it with boxes. This is what it looks like on each building.

edit: besides being accessible from the buildings, the warehouse portion does have entry ways from the ground...highlighted in this picture here:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:16 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:14 pm 

Nice screenshots there.

what size map is it ? ( 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 )

Is this an infantry map ?

Have you tried extracting the building standard meshes into a 3D modeling program to cut openings in the floors for ladders ?

Anthony Voltano 7/7/4777
VXF VOLT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:38 pm 

I really like the map Iced Earth, I would help you with the models but, I myself havent really created any models yet. All I've done is fool around in 3ds max and rotate an existing model. :p
But really, you dont need any special custom objects to make a map look good, but having custom objects does make the map that much cooler to play in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:35 am 

Nice work Iced Earth, I often thought about making CityStreetLarge for '42, but don't have any map-making ability at all!! I'm pleased that someone is making this great map, and its looking good so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:13 pm 

Thanks for the kind words guys. It makes me not wanna give up on it, haha. I'll keep plugging along with it and keep you guys updated.

Volt, it is an infantry map. I'll have to check at home what the size is. Actually...simple answer. It's the same size as berlin! :lol:

And no, I haven't even tried to open up any models in 3D max volt...I have NO idea what I'm doing in there, haha. That's where I need help! :oops:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next