[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Ideas and Assistance Requested for New SSM Program in Flash

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:46 pm 

Had a few spare minutes so I made you another one.

Image Stuka 60x40

Anthony Voltano 7/7/4777
VXF VOLT

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:54 am 

lol volt, it does look like a mustang, great job ... :)

--= Home of the Airwolf =--

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:31 am 

Cool thread,
Don't give up cfarge
This could be a handy program

j

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:21 pm 

Thanks for your help, Volt.
Now anyone can view the progress of the whole thing by going to http://fmclan.hkhp.us/cartographer and looking around the different files and directories. I'll upload an updated flash swf in the main directory every so often so you can occasionally check there to see if it sucks any less than last time you checked. If your into web-publishing and stuff, feel free to explore how its structured. I'll probably put the source file up when its done so people can change/add to it. I got the maps to load, but no luck with the parsing of the .con files yet.
Also, here are the bf1942 minimap icons, a lot less than dc_final:
(01)Image (02)Image (03)Image (04)Image (05)Image (06)Image (07)Image (08)Image (09)Image (10)Image

Anyone know what Image<--that thing is? It's called the "ptboat" but I don't recognize it. It might be the icon for the little patrol boats (like in Invasion of the Philippines), but if so its twice as big as it should be.
Thanks again for the encouragement.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:50 pm 

wow. simple as that! a program that can make ssm this easy? it's my opinion that it would add a lot of interest back into BF42 and the DC series. plus, although i like the color blue, maybe yours uses more colors? dont know how i can be of help, but im here in any way, shape or form, rock on cfarge!!!

Webpage: http://ez1st.homeip.net/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:30 am 

Just spilling some more ideas before I forget them.
How bout two other textarea fields where you can put the controlpointspawn .con files. They can map the positions of the bases, and a yellow line can automatically be drawn from the flag to the vehicles associated with that osId, just like battlecraft.
Also, it would be very nice if there was a feature that could support add-ons, like easy-to-edit specialized mods such as death bubble (a circle could be drawn on the map showing the distance of the death bubble). Imagine just dragging and dropping a death bubble onto the map, and knowing exactly how far out it reaches. THE POSSIBILITIES!!

Edit: I feel like a fool! This entire idea's already been done at . Its a lot like in that movie Knocked Up, when the guys hopes for an original pron site crumble when they learn about Mr. Skin.

6-26-07 Edit: Objects placement works beautifully! All objects are temporarily rendered as tanks. You can use the cursor to find positions on any map in BF/DC/DC_Final.
Control point placement does not work yet. Drag and drop object templates do not work yet.

7-10-07 Edit: The project is on hold, as my version of macromedia flash mx does not allow the importing of external gif images, and the minimap icons are all gifs. Although crippled, this program does successfully allow easy access to many maps, and successfully maps out objects in the right places (theyre just rendered with tank icons). The cursor-location-finding thing works too. The ControlPointSpawn stuff doesn't work either. If anyone knows a way around external gif importation in flash mx 2004, PM me. Otherwise, heres a mangled quasi-helpful application.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:39 pm 

That old response certainly took a spin... enough said.

Regarding your version of Flash. That probably only supports dynamic loading of .jpgs and/or .mp3s. I would guess that you already would have upgraded to version 8 of Flash which supports dynamic loading of .swf, .jpg, .gif, and .png.

Another more advanced solution to go for is to dynamically load two jpgs and use the one containing alpha as the mask for the original jpg (just a theory).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:46 am 

lol :lol:
finaly u give a link to donload from, i had to go to there my self 2 days ago and i got it.
sorry :oops:
i always get wat i want, when i want.
that reminds me of the time i stole my friends files off his pc cuz he kept teasing me with them.
they where scripting codes for all his mods and mods for some other games... halo,1,2,3...THUG 2... and more
then when he came over the next day i was using those files and he sore me.
good times :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next