[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - WhatThes Custom Maps

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: WhatThes Custom Maps
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:49 pm 

Well I have started several custom maps for [TKO] and I want all of your oppinions and suggestions for these maps. I will also at later dates add new maps to my list that I have made. As of now I don't have any screenshots of these maps except the one picture I posted on [TKO]'s forums, so I will shortly describe each of my maps in progress and I will give an estimated percentage for the progress.

List of maps:
1. Raceway II------10%-------Note: The first Raceway was made by Boom
2. SnipeFest--------10%------Note: This map will be snipers only
3. Operation Linebacker---0%---Note: This map is the bombing of Hanoi

Description of maps:
Raceway II: Basicly raceway but you might get lost due to the twists and turns :twisted:.

SnipeFest:
5 flags 1 in each corner 1 in the middle. Top two flags are USAs. Bottom two flags are NVA. Middle flag is neutral. Mesa between the two leftern flags (has a sniperzone). Mountain between the right-most flags (with a sniperzone and a cave). Two rivers are flowing between the 4 flags and the center flag, there is a lake just below the mesa, coming out of the river. North-East flag is city oriented. North-West flag has a ridge and rolling hills around the way in. South-West flag is mountainous. South-East flag has only rolling hills surrounding it. The Center Flag is placed atop a hill.

Operation Linebacker:
No description at this time.

Mods I came up with for these maps:

Raceway II:
1. A "noob" way to the finish line for those that dont want to risk "The Jump" :twisted: Durring the "noob" way they will face falling BDRM missiles and falling trucks (the nva spawn truck from TKO1)
2. (Losnar and Boom always put this on every custom map with jeeps) Special Blue nitro effect.

SnipeFest:
1. Special "SniperZones" that have spawns of every sniper kit avaliable
2. Snipers are the only avaliable kits ( both teams have access to every single sniper in the game)
3. Med pack in every kit
4. Special transport loaches with about 5 seats.
5. Increased zoom on scopes.

Operation Linebacker:
1. Agent Orange Bombs, Shows any member of the opposite team that walks into bombed area on your minimap (no idea how we can get this to work) , will kill when bomb is going off.
2. Toned down nuke, The plane with the nuke will spawn only twice for each team, both planes are locked to teams so one team cannot use the nuke more than twice. ( will be about the radius of the SCUD on TKO2)

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: WhatThes Custom Maps
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:47 pm 

To make a short story even shorter, I hate snipers.
They are even worse then mosquitoes.
Let go of your lovestick and get movin soldier.

And dedicate a map to them....
Well, you new my thought about that one now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:13 pm 

If you dont like snipers think of it this way, You could use that map to get them out of your main server (if your like TKO) and onto the second server ( again if your like TKO). Results all the snipers have ran to the second server, getting them out of your hair on whatever maps you like.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:43 pm 

That's a thought.
But 50 snipers on one map.
Hua! :?
You know this is people who like to be as far away from action as possibly, but still get a possitive score.
There will be only one or two players, once killed, spawnraped.
If they die, they log off.
Never seen a good sniper to stay more then 3 deaths.
Funlevel 0.

Do something new and creative instead.
This is what make ppl drop in.

Shovel shuffel, torch terror or war of the wrenches.
When I see II behind a movie, map or game, I only think about BF2, hua!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:11 pm 

Edit: Oh I'm a pretty good sniper and I dont log out after im killed 3 times, either way that 3 times takes at least most of the time on the map up, except on the bad sniper maps that I have found a few ok sniping points in.

Last edited by WhatThe on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:21 pm 

Ok, let's clarify stay and deaths.

Snipers get killed, after 3 times they are killed they log off.
This is how they like to play.
And if there's 50 snipers on server, they will never respawn, ever, spawnraped!!!!
They will find a new server and do some more raping there.
Snipermap is a server cleaner.

Imagine there are 10 snipers on your map, 1 or 2 spawnrape every flag.
If this is your idea of fun, I can't help you.

It's like adding a secret nuke on a map and an admin goes besurk with it all the time.
Ppl leave pretty fast.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:57 pm 

I love knifing snipers! :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:13 pm 

sorta disagree Sir Glub, DC or DCX, caint member which one, has a really nice BOTB sniperfest, coop, pretty fun, bots dont hack too much, nor camp, ;-) as long as you kill them that is!!! :lol:

Webpage: http://ez1st.homeip.net/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next