[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - How to do a patchfile

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:55 pm 

post your OST in a new thread and I'll take a look

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:21 pm 

Sorry guys...I'm such a noob with Co-op!
what i've done is copy/paste OS and OST from my conquest map to the singleplayer folder :lol:
I thought it was the same...but it's not :?
It should be ok now! i'm rebuilding my map and have no more corrupt data for now

Edit: Ok it works fine now :roll:
I just had a lil less possiblities for spawning vehicles cause the OST from singleplayer regroups Corsair and Mig so i had to sacrify some spawners to make them independant (objectTemplate.team #) so they can be spawned by towers...
What i did is used team 3, 4...to get more vehicles
Thanks again helping me out again! I understand better the coop thing now :razz:

Something else: Is there a way to spawn jeeps?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:37 am 

Yes.
In strategic areas you have to ad them as vehicles that will go to flag.
Copy tank code and replace tank with car.
Think it's only one line you need.

Look at other maps and copy ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:45 am 

hmm, i got them working finally YAY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:52 am 

I have tried to put the Mutt into Hastings and have added the CAR code to strategicareas.con but map still crashes.

If I change the mutt to some other vehicle the map runs just fine.

Any other ideas on what should be changed?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:56 pm 

OK - I have been patching BFV for a several years I don't claim to be an expert... but I know how it's done. The thing here is a problem with the expert teachers (NOT)....
I will explain in plain english and as easy as I can how to make a patch... Want to see some of my work go to http://back.to/war
and download my mini mod BTW... we also have many NEW never seen b4 maps made by me a some of my friends. NOW to PATCHING.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First and foremost ALWAYS back up the maps your trying to work with, you must become familiar with the use of WINRFAexe.
Now here we go... #1 select a map to mod... #2 run winrfa and open the map (level) if you don't know what I am talking about quit now your not up to it.
Once you have the map in winrfa you will see many folders, Now select the mode you want to mod conquest you select CONQUEST or SINGLEPLAYER
Here Single Player is selected BfVietnam/levels/YOURMAPNAME/SINGLEPLAYERS/OBJECTSPAWNTEMPLATES.CON run down the list to what you want right
click select it turns blue... mouse to top of winrfa select extract...( selected) and put it in a work folder of your choice (I prefer desktop). You now have a folder BfVietnam with objectspawntemplates.con Ansii text use NOTE PAD to open it. In there is where you can do your server side modding. Many simple (EASY) mods
can be done here, one would be to change out a Huey Transport for a Huey Assault or almost anything to something else. Here is an example of replacing something already on the ground like a quad50 to spawn an NVA weapons kit. rem NOTES WOULD NOT BE INCLUDED!
rem -----------------------------------------
rem --- Nva_Kit_Object_Spawn2 ---
rem -----------------------------------------
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner Nva_Kit_Object_Spawn2 rem (NOTES: item name not important)
rem ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 quad50 rem (removes this object)
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 NVA_Scout rem (gets replaced with a NVA SCOUT GUN KIT) to many items to list, SEARCH for them I found all I need out there....
ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay 1 rem(how fast it will respawn new items}
ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay 2
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0 rem (how long to wait b4 spawning)
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 45 rem (how long item lives if left unused away from it home location)
ObjectTemplate.Distance 40 rem (not important)
ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 10 rem (not important)
ObjectTemplate.maxNrOfObjectSpawned 10 rem (how many items to spawn)
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 0 rem (teams allowed to use item 0 is neutral 1 NVA, 2 US)
rem----------------------------------------EndMod----------------------------------------
Here is another example you can just drop in the same place all mods basically done here............. /objectspawntemplets.con
Rem ******Bounderies No Damage **************
game.damageForBeingOutSideWorld 0 rem (Out of bounds where u goin soldier...bla bla... does nothing now...)
Heres yet another example making a Huey Transport carry 6 guys armed with M60's and Chain guns just drop into the template as is...
rem-----Active Plugin UH1Transport Mini Gun--------
ObjectTemplate.active uh1Transport
ObjectTemplate.speedMod 0.1
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate AC-47MiniGun_PCO3
ObjectTemplate.setPosition -1.1/-1/.8
ObjectTemplate.setRotation -90/0/0
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 1.1/-1.1/.4
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 90/0/0
rem-------The SoulMan 2009------------------
One more example there are tons of things you can do what you need to do is search and discover inside games.rfa and objects.rfa for them.
This one gives the NVA MI8Cargo Front and Rear Chain guns.....They will use them...
rem ------------------------SoulMans Plugin Mods---------------
rem -------------------------------mi8cargo mini gun-------------------------
ObjectTemplate.active mi8cargo
rem -----------rear gun----------
ObjectTemplate.setPosition -.0/-2.3/-1.8
ObjectTemplate.setRotation -180/0/0
rem -------------------------------mi8 mini gun-------------------------
ObjectTemplate.active mi8cargo
rem -------------------front gun----------------------
ObjectTemplate.setPosition .2/-1.8/5.5
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 0/0/0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rem ---------------------------------------------------------------------
OK... Enough secrets find your own LOL...... Now that you have added these goodies into the template you must use Winrfa to REPACK it....
HOW? run WinRFA select PACK, it asks for your folder (directory) your choice where the MOD is... mod leaves folder BfVietnam.... In YOUR FOLDER.....
So select your folder and highlight the BFV folder... click PACK and find your BFV MAP LEVEL FOLDER... BE VERY CAREFUL TO NAME YOUR PATCH
EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE MAP LEVEL YOUR WORKING WITH EXAMPLE YOURMAP.RFA WOULD BE YOURMAP_010.RFA You MUST add _010 Then SAVE it and your MOD is Done.
YOU NEED TO RESEARCH AND TRACK DOWN DETAILS THEY ARE OUT THERE, AND IN THE WINRFA FILES STUDY THEM CLOSELY NOTHING COMES EASY!!!!!
IF YOU CAN NOT MAKE A PATCH WORK AFTER THIS... STOP..... YOUR A LOOSER DON'T SCREW UP YOUR BFV.........GOOD LUCK
The SOULMAN Http://back.to/war

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:23 pm 

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I thought I'd take a look at this modding business to see if I can do this too. I've read this post and some other posts and decided to give it a go.

I copied the levels map with the rfa files so I wouldn't screw up the original files.

My next step was to open up a file and go and play with the contents as given in this topic. It seems that was wishful thinking... :(

When opening the file with notepad, wordpad or word, I get all weird symbols:

Does anybody have any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Blackmagic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:57 pm 

I have made several references to WINRFA in the HOW TO MAKE A PATCH. You should REREAD it again right from the first get go it says open with WINRFA... then extract singleplayerobjects blah blah to a work folder.
You can then open it with NOTE PAD it will be Plain TEXT. Once you have done whatever you modding you have to return it to a PACKED form using again WINRFA to PACK IT go read again... WINRFA comes on BFV disk as an extra option called BATTLEFIELD MOD Development toolkit and other goodies... Look for it in the same folder as your BFV is installed ..Not there... It may not have been installed but should be there on the install disk..... go search and find it, or download it from the many BFV resources get the newest version you can find.
Any questions come over to our web site Q&A http://back.to/war we have downloads there and the BTW MOD.
Good Luck

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next