[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - what is possible in a server side mod ?

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:35 pm 

hi guys im new here and have a few questions.

someone erlier asked this question....but he asked this himself and gave a "half-amswer" (sry 4 bad english :) )

i made a cool chaosmod for bf2. but 2 times i tried to make a server side mod and both times the clients always crash to desktop if they connect.

i reduced stuff and reduced stuff. i have a second pc here to test the server and connect but from this client it works (all grafiks low....perhaps it has to do something with it ?)

the only thing i changed is the "server.zip" file from dalian and i only changed 2 files in it.

the init.con at end i changed this:

gameLogic.setTeamDropVehicle 1 "AHE_AH1Z"
gameLogic.setTeamDropVehicle 2 "AHE_AH1Z"

so the commander can drop helos instead of cars.

and i changed a few thing in the GamePlayObjects.con

deaktivated the CombatAreaManager. made helos spawn every 5 seconds and addet a limit of 100 on map max.

then i changed all iglas and tow agains the uss-essex gun. and changed a few cars etc agains helos, jetz

i did not use vehicles that arent normally on the map. just replaced them in some cases.

strange that i can connect with my second machine and it works...but some clients from internet crush back to desktop.

could someone help me out and say me what exactly is possible to change without making conflict and what not ?

i wish i could make a server-side mod that will be kind of a fun mod. but dont know how far i can go.

in my normal mod i also change players speed and they can jump&shoot at same time and things like that. but after the clients had the "desktop-problem" it was to much work to reduce the mod one by one and change the mod untill nothing is left from it

any help would make my day

thx

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:42 pm 

you need to remove all the .md5 files from the server

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 am 

oh i forgot to say:

i did that allready!

u mean:

"std_archive.md5"
"std_archive_mod.md5"

and the "archive.md5" in the level-directory from dalian ?

i renamed them all by writing ex.: "bak_std_archive.md5_bak"------->same error. the strange thing is, taht some clients can connect and play...others get kicked. i tried to disable punkbuster and many other things. made my servermod smaller and smaller.
but its hard to find out the right way by "trial&error" in this case

can u plz tell me what exactly are the limitation in serversidemodding. for example: "can i change the kids? and what can i change, what not?"

or by theorie: "can it be a problem if i replace existing spawnvehicles by other vehicles (that are includet in the map normally) ?

somethere (lost in the internet) someone discribed what u can do and what not like: "u can change this...but not on that way...ect"

any idees would help me out on my way trieing to make a serverside-fun-mod where "normal-clients" can connect without ptoblems

thx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:34 pm 

i managed many things und found a few tutorials saying that vlues including ".ammo" shouldnt be changed to dont cause crashing clients.

but what i desperatly try is to replace some of the iglas in dalian with the "essex defense gun"

this:

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: CPNAME_DP_64_uscarrier_Defence_Back]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner CPNAME_DP_64_uscarrier_Defence_Back
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner CPNAME_DP_64_uscarrier_Defence_Back
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser esj
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 wasp_defence_back
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 wasp_defence_back
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1

in my normal mod it isnt a problem..i just replace the object template. but the serverside-mod doesnt like that.

someone know how to trick that out to make it work on another way ? create totally new spawn ? how?

ps.: if someone wants ma flying apc with 4 gunners that can shoot tv rockets i will post it here :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:49 pm 

copy the .md5 files onto your computer then delete them off the server, I think that it still finds the .md5 files even though you renamed them.

The extents of server side modding that I know are that you can replace what weapons fire, change what vehicles spawn, how fast vehicles are, elasticity of objects (ie, jump on a box you get sent flying into the air), change critical damage (even add it to humans so they slowly bleed to death), make it impossible to crash vehicles, only weapons hurt vehicles, remove fall damage from humans, change where vehicles spawn, change where flags are, and change where spawns are.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:48 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:59 pm 

I wish I could help, but I only know of SSM'ing on 2142. :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:59 pm 

ATrain, you should know that they are practically the same, only a different game

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next