[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Better B17

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Better B17
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:35 am 

I'm in the process of trying to add waist (side) guns as well as a tailgun to the B17. So far, I've added side guns. Here's the code so far (not in final form, I'll tweak it)

rem ***Realistic flying fortress***

ObjectTemplate.active B17

rem ***left waist***
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate Stationary_Browning
ObjectTemplate.setPosition .75/0/-5.7
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 90/0/0

rem ***right waist
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate Stationary_Browning
ObjectTemplate.setPosition -.75/0/-5.7
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 270/0/0

what I want to know is how to switch to the second gun. In the b17, the mod makes the right side gun 1, pilot 2, and the top and bottom turrets 3 and 4. I cannot get to the other side gun at all. What I want is to be able to have 1 as pilot, 2 and 3 the same as before, and make the new guns 4 5 and 6 repectively. Also, it'd be nice to know how to remove the stands for the browning for only the b17 (so any other brownings in the map still have their sticks). Any ideas on how to do what I'm shooting for? This is all to be done mapside. Oh, to clarify, I mean by 1 2 3 and so forth are the buttons to switch to the particular gun position.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:37 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:47 am 

When adding stationary_browning, I believe you are actually adding another vehicle to that vehicle. That's why it screws up the numbers.

You have 2 options, add an actual MG (such as MG42_Unlimited) or adding a PCO (which would add a new seat) to it.

Take, say, the gun from the top of a sherman: shermanBrowning_PCO1

That should give you an additional position in which you will use that gun. However, it might not look all that good, as it could add more object than just the MG that you want.

If you were to just add something like Browning_unlimited, the gun would be controlled by the primary fire of the driver, if you .Active the vehicle itself. Even if there is already something for the primary fire, it will work in addition. If you want another already-existing position to use it, you would AddTemplate it to that position's name.

It's sort of confusing, but I'm working on something similar right now (). Don't even ask. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:11 pm 

oh sweet! I tried adding Katyusha rockets to my blackmedal, but the base of the rocket launcher is bigger than the jeep, so I gave up :lol: .

I want to add a new seat to the b17, preferably making them seats 4 and 5. What would coding for making a NEW PCO be? I will start by fiddling with the machine guns on the sherman and going from there. The thing that worries me about using the Sherman gun is that it swivels 360 degrees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:33 pm 

You would have to add a PCO from another vehicle, or write one of your own. I don't know much about writing your own (in another topic, I guessed at how to add another seat to a willy). Assuming that that worked, you could just add a weapon to a new seat. Otherwise, using a PCO is the best idea.

You could add the sherman PCO and then:

ObjectTemplate.Active sherman_Browning_console
ObjectTemplate.setMinRotation -180/0/0
ObjectTemplate.setMaxRotation 180/0/0

I don't know which of the three numbers control the rotation in that degree, but the 2nd number had the vlues of -10 and 45, so I assume that is up/down. The 3rd number is probably that crazy Z axis, which can't be controlled anyway. Maybe 180/-180 aren't the proper values, just mess with it.

This is interesting, something that hasn't been discussed here before. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:10 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:29 am 

this is DEFINITELY worth the double post. It ain't perfect, but it's about as good as it gets.

rem ***Realistic flying fortress***

ObjectTemplate.active B17

rem ***left waist***
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate LynxPassengerPCO
ObjectTemplate.setPosition .65/0/-5.7
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 90/0/0

rem ***right waist
ObjectTemplate.AddTemplate BlackMedalPassengerPCO
ObjectTemplate.setPosition -.50/0/-5.7
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 270/0/0

ObjectTemplate.AddTemplate WillyPassengerPCO
ObjectTemplate.setPosition .35/.25/-13.5
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 180/0/0

rem ***seat guns***
ObjectTemplate.active LynxPassengerPCO
ObjectTemplate.AddTemplate Browning

ObjectTemplate.active BlackMedalPassengerPCO
ObjectTemplate.AddTemplate Browning

ObjectTemplate.active WillyPassengerPCO

ren ***right (facing forward) tailgun
ObjectTemplate.AddTemplate Browning_air
ObjectTemplate.setPosition .21/0/0.23
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 0/0/0

rem ***left (facing forward) tailgun
ObjectTemplate.AddTemplate Browning_air
ObjectTemplate.setPosition .49/0/0.23
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 0/0/0

ObjectTemplate.active WillyCamera
ObjectTemplate.setMinRotation -35/-15/0
ObjectTemplate.setMaxRotation 35/10/0

waist guns have the user's feet poking out. Hey, men got shot out of their 17s all the time. The ammo box on the B17 can be seen on one of the guns. Big whoop. I have 3 new positions, 4 new guns, they pack a punch and make the B17 more than a flying deathbox (for the crew).

The rotation of the tailgun is reduced so he cannot fire at the tail from the rear :shock: . He has a 35 degree rotation either way, and enough up and down where he can see. He is SAFE inside his gunspot, nothing I can see pokes out. The guns do not LOOK like they're moving, but they fire in the center of the screen. In reality, the men probably didn't have perfect ways of aiming anyway. Overall, I LOVE my new tailgun.

WARNING: DO NOT USE ON A MAP WITH A WILLY, BLACKMEDAL, OR LYNX. THIS DOES ADD GUNS TO THEM TOO!!!

Hey Why Two Kay, think this could be moved to the "how to" section since it's finished? As always, your help was much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:00 am 

Oh my... I'm going to have to try this out. This is brilliant. :lol:

Good idea too, topic moved to "Vehicles and Weapons Modded".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next