Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:33 pm 

I'm still working on this since there's only about 15,000 different classes,properties,and types for BF42 but here's my syntax highlighting list if you use UltraEdit. It really helps me debug tpyos I might otherwise miss. ;)
I'll keep this updated as I add to it. If you've got something you'd like to see quicker than I'm working on it, please let me know.

http://www.oplink.net/~tk421/bf42wordfile.txt

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:29 pm 

holy crap, thats alot of typing
does come in handy though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:02 pm 

Thats one hell of a nice list. Too bad winRFA doesnt support plugins :P .
BTW, doesn objectspanwer belogn to this part? Since its created using objecttemnplate.create, just like vehicles (playercontrolledobject) or solderis:
/C4"OBJTEMP"
** ObjectTemplate ObjectSpawner Object

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:48 pm 

Harry wrote:
Thats one hell of a nice list. Too bad winRFA doesnt support plugins :P .
BTW, doesn objectspanwer belogn to this part? Since its created using objecttemnplate.create, just like vehicles (playercontrolledobject) or solderis:
/C4"OBJTEMP"
** ObjectTemplate ObjectSpawner Object

It's changing all the time. :D I was having a very strange night and kept misspelling ObjectTemplate in various ways. Having it in a different color game em better visual clues as to when I was screwing up. This is also the first time I've had to actually make a wordlist that didn't exist in ultraedit. I'm trying to look at it from the perspective of what's commonly used/changed in SSM and see how best to make each editable piece it's own color, making the rest of them gray so you know what you can & can't use. Ideally, I'd like to have all the classes, types, & properties in their own color but I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that much time digging them out of planetbattlefield. I'm still trying to figure out how to grab the objectspawner names from objectspawntemplates and make them show up in the function list (so I can cross-reference them back to the objectspawns to make sure there's no misspellings). I created this out of frustration one night when I spent 2 hours slaving over a CTD when all I did was make some minor tweaks to an already modified map. It turns out I had this

ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType SA-342G -1 v_killsquick 0

instead of

ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType SA-342G -1 v_killquick 0

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]