[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - DC Unauthorized v2.3 ready for combat!

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:02 pm 

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 pm 

Edit:

lol The legal notice for the BF242 mod installer was accidentally used for the DC Unauthorized installer. I would have to reupload a whole new repacked archives to fix it....I guess I can just ignore that mistake for now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:00 pm 

Very nice.

I ran the Basrah's Edge Coop and the bots used their landmines on me...lol. I didn't get a chance to fly the Apache...due to the blue guys kept stealing it from me before I could get in.

I ran the BocageDay2 to test the helo's...they stay aloft after power down...this was kinda cool. The most noticeable was the apache's hellfire missle was targeting closer to reality...the left side was left of center crosshair, and vice versa for right. This will be a re-learning curve. This bugged me in DC...the apaches used sniper hellfires and they ALWAYS hit what was in the crosshair verses Hind.
You fixed the spandrel turret...thx.
I love the T72 with the full spin turret.

The most annoying thing was the "bob" during movement. I never played BF2 for a variety of reasons...that was one of them.

I was testing out the messages during team kills and loved them...this must be from BF2?

The deeper textures are a big plus, smokegrenade=zero visibility.

Can't wait to find this on a server with 64 players.....I was running 64 bots (32vs32).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:11 pm 

Thanks. I forget all the fixes I have done. The Spandrel...Don't recall what I did to it...lol

The mod has accumulated quite a bit of changes that I have lost track of all of it. The readme contains only changes with the post rename of the mod. The time period of back when it was called "PoE Comanche" wasn't kept full track of. So I don't have a change log of what I did during that time in the early days of the mod. (started out merely to have the Commanche converted from PoE so I could enjoy it in DC as this was my new favorite chopper :P )

Did you get the chance to test out the night maps and the Baghdad map? I had a user report issues with the new light sprites I made. But they work fine on my machine and have yet to have anyone else report issues with it. Could be his game installation or computer configuration causing the issue since I nor anyone else has yet to have issues with the light objects.

The headlights on the vehicles on nightmaps and the lights on the light poles on Baghdad are simple treeMeshes that use one sprite. I had to do some coding tricks to make them visible at all angles, but they seem to work very well on my machine. No issues on them reported thus far. Would also mention that this user that has his machine set up for the Spanish language, so the game installation is also in Spanish. Though my lexicon file is only setup for English users as the other language strings are simply English copies of the first entry.

But I doubt that is what is causing his issues with it.

As for the lexicon entires for the team kill messages, I made that up myself and any simularity to any messages used in BF2 or one of it's mods is coincidental.

:P

The message where you die from a sucide or accident was inspired by the message you get from a suicide/accidental death in BFHeroes. "Player 1 had an accident" is the string I'm referring to. But the rest was all me. :P

The bot names (not sure you noticed them yet) are based off fictional and non fictional names of people. ;)

I dropped the whole random first name last name combination used on bots and now they all have consistent names matching that of celebrities, political figures, and fictional names as well. :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:04 pm 

Regarding the headlamps:
It's unusual to have the lights on when the vehicle is "off"...but then battery usage really wasn't a concern...lol.

I was hoping the headlamps would have been bright enough to create the "deer in headlights" effect...blinding the enemy.

I didn't have graphic issues...I have my [ATI FirePro V5700] set on max, but the streat lamps were more of an angular beam downward...but overall the basrah night map was lit up much much more than before.

The anti personnel mines didn't explode when I stepped on them...I guess they explode when enemy only?
(found them in the sniper kit!)

Baghdad map will become a classic!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 pm 

Yes the ap mine system is team specific, so friendly mines don't go off on teammates. It's one of the perks this system has over the old projectile method that used to work back in v1.3 and older versions. Also my mines are destructible so you can shoot the mines with just about anything (except knifes) and the mine will explode. So it shouldn't cause any balance issues. Though on some maps the ap mine is hard to spot. :D

BF2's ap mines are team specific too by the way. ;)

My light objects don't actually have any "light effect" that would illuminate the surrounding area. The game engine doesn't support this unfortunately. Closest EA got was the unused "Light" object class. But that object class behaves like a SimpleObject and the setAmbient setting specific to the object class seems to have no effect ingame. :(

My light object is designed to use the treeMesh system as the sprites the treeMesh system uses have low graphics overhead and always face the camera. This makes it look better without having to do any fancy tricks with the mesh. :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:21 pm 

Location: On an object floating around the 3rd rock from the Sun
I get the headlight error and a HUD on and off issue on the night maps as well but its playable.

I am working on a server this weekend to get this mod up and running for those who would like to play this. Once I fix a few server issues in the mod I will have a rotation up and running.

spell check works wonders

Last edited by T_C on Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:46 pm 

It could be graphics settings that is causing this. Try maxing out the graphics settings in the video settings. Or the effects settings. That is, if you haven't done so already.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next