[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - BF2 maps and vehicles for BF1942!!!

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:15 pm 

Location: On an object floating around the 3rd rock from the Sun
I remember this from long ago, it had a few different names but to see it again and getting worked on is great.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:26 pm 

Pretty close to getting it ready for upload. I have one major vehicle conversion left. The type 98 main tank that the Chinese use. It will replace the one it currently uses (it looks a bit like the type98 but is a modified T72 PCO with alternate meshes).

I will have trouble finding time to upload the mod. The mod has increased in size and is almost a full GB in size. But I try and get it uploaded as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:06 am 

Dam. Sorry folks. I totally forgot to post the links to the mod here. I've done so in all the other forums. But forgot this one! Sorry!

Download Links: (download all parts to one location and run EXE to install)

v0.9 will be uploaded soon hopefully. I have already finished up that version and need to find time to upload it. v0.9 will feature the Dalian Plant in all her glory. The DC version is great, but the BF242 mod is her native environment. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:15 am 

This is some good porting work.

I am interested in a couple of 2142 vehicles such as the walker. Apache, can you list down the basic steps for porting over BF2 vehicles?

I have ported 42 moded vehicles and maps to BFV, but I guess I am not as familiar with the file structure in BF2 as I am with the refractor engine now.

Nice job.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:24 pm 

Porting BF2 stuff requires a 3DSMax tool. It's separate from the BF42 tools. Google the 3DSMax POE2 tool. I think it comes with the import feature.

When you go to import something, you select object's main con file, NOT the mesh file. This is the main difference between this tool and the old BF42 tools.

Also, depending object you import, the scene will result in all of the vehicle being ported it. It is a bit of a mess to sort through, but in the in you can use the coordinates from the scene in your con files. As long as you don't alter the pivot point of all the individual objects and make sure to export the main hulls in the position you found them in. ;)

It helps to have display subtree turned on when using the select object dialog boxes. It should be at the bottom of the dialog box on the left somewhere. It think it's off by default. So this would make determine which part you want to export is part of LOD1 or LOD2 for example.

It comes in organized in much the same way that vehicles look when imported using the Vehicle importer in the BF42 tools. Except without the cameras and there is less dummy objects involved too.

Also know, that you will have issues with BF2142 stuff. The importer tools don't seem to import the texture settings right and thus all the materials don't have textures assigned to them. They have materials defined, but not the textures. So if you exported them without correcting this, then the resulting RS files will all have "noTexture" set as the texture file for all the materials. So clearly this won't present well ingame. You will have to do your best guess as to what each material texture file was supposed to be when you tell it what textures to use for each material. Usually it's not too hard as the textures for them are in a texture folder found in the same folder as the object or in folder in a previous directory. If in doubt, open the bundledMesh/staticMesh file in a hex editor or notepad and simply use "texture" as the find quary. It will take you to the part of the file that references all the texture files it uses. ;)

This helped greatly in my current BFheroes conversion project. BFHeroes uses the BF2142 engine and thus most of it's objects import without textures defined. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:52 pm 

Thanks for the response Apache.

I have started playing with the PoE2 tools for 3dsmax and looks quite a bit different from what I am used to seeing in BFV. I am going to look into this with the walker out of 2142 to see whether I can import it to BFV.

I thought I would start with a simpler import which was the Mi24D out of DCX into BFV. I have the helo functioning well now with BFV helo engines and all weapons work (tweaked materials). However, I have one problem, when looking from the outside of the helo into the cockpit or into the round windows in the hull, i see straight through to the ground. In other words I cannot see the interior. (Note: I see the cockpit dash). When inside in the 3rd and 4th positions, I do not see the interior except when changing view to go to the 3rd person, as the camera changes, for a split instant I can see the interior.

Is this a LOD issue? I did not use the import tool, I simply brought the 42 code into BFV, cleaned out the problem areas such as set command, hasresponsephysics and got rid of the plane engines.

Any thoughts? Its almost as though the glass texture is causing the issue...

EDIT

See pictures to explain...

From 3dsmax you can see the interior, glass little different from the render in game...

From PS in game, see right through to ground...

Can see straight out of the back end of the helo in the 3rd and 4th PCO seat.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:49 pm 

Ok, it seems the HIND is not supposed to have transparent glass so I went into the fus .rs file and took out the transparency to make the windows on the outside opaque but clear from the inside, and atleast the helo looks from the outside that it has some guts now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:42 am 

Hey Apache, in your BF242 project, I see the UAV is one of the BF2 weapons ported over.

I have been able to run BFV in the debugger and get the UAV to appear on the ground, however, i do not have the function to direct the AUV or review its radar yet. How does it function in the bf242 mod? In BF2 the commander has a separate grid to review the radar results, and directs the UAV to fly to certain areas.

Outside of the debugger I have CTD issues with the object. Still working through the differences in 42 code from BFV code to identify the issue.

I was thinking that the UAV could actually be spawned from a weapons kit. The weapon, is remotely controlled and automatically flys in circles once directed. Visibility would be of the actual ground via the tv guided missile system in PoE. The issue is whether a separate grid attached to the weapon ie. like the artillery fire on the binoculars would work for the same soldier. In BFV a soldier calls in the artillery with the binoculars and a separate soldier gets to see closer to the target on the m46 for example. Not sure if im making it harder than it is but the ability to control the UAV and put bombs on it might be interesting. Not sure also about the scan function.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next