[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Golf of Oman converted to BF1942....

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:43 pm 

YOUR SHITTIN ME

my favorite bf2 map that ive tried again and again to make for bf1942,you beat me you son of a bitch....THANKS!

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 am 

Feel free to do whatever you want with it. I wouldn't upload it, if I didn't want others to enjoy it. :D

By the way, I wasn't the only one to do BF2 maps for BF1942. There was a mod that went by "SuperDC" .

That branched off to a seperate mod by the name of "BF242".

Unlike me. They actually did the work of converting the BF2 statics to BF1942. Along with other BF2 features. (like some vehicles and a specsops kit that acted like a squad leader spawn point).

However its a private mod, and not really up for public distribution. But until then, I guess my conversion of Golf of Oman will tide you over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:11 am 

And commander arty and supply boxes from teh sky
via commander vehicle woot!
Amazing bot helo pilots II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:26 am 

Good news! I fixed the singleplayer crashing problem. Right now AI is working, but I still need to tweak some settings. I plan to add more control points to singleplayer mode. This is because I had to remove the aircraft carrier and the lvcps from singleplayer since they were the cause of the crash. I have no experience in creating "landingzones" that would be needed for the boats, so I will work around that. Don't worry, multiplayer mode will still have boats and such as its now currently set up.

I should have the next version with full COOP support sometime by tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:02 am 

Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d4iymomkz2m

This should be the final release if there is no major bugs reported. Singleplayer should now work! However I had to remove the aircraft carrier from singleplayer mode as that was what was causing the crash.

Don't worry, conquest mode is unaffected. Conquest still has what the last version has.

I have also changed the detail.dds file. Perhaps the ground textures look a bit better then the last version.

Getting singleplayer working was a pain. I had to hand edit the pathmaps since the game doesn't path the bridges properly. And even then the bots won't use the bridges at all. So I disabled the extra control point that I added, so only human players can go and cap/spawn at it. The AI code has it so the bots ignore that control point, since they can't get to it as a result of bridge AI not working. But this only effects that one control point (plus it was one I added) and shouldn't effect gameplay that much.

This does not effect conquest mode, since I did not modify the object/control point files for that. (other then a few tweaks on the ZPUs so they aren't "floating" anymore)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:05 pm 

really good job man, i loaded the coop and off i went. runs really well, i tweaked my bots sometime ago, so its even tougher, if you dont mind tho, im gonna make some small changes, just in equipment, spawn time, etc. thanks, keep up the GREAT work!!!

Webpage: http://ez1st.homeip.net/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:09 pm 

No problem. Do as you wish. I've played it a bit more. So far the bots to pretty well. They do get hung up in some places when in tanks/cars. But it doesn't seem to happen often enough to effect gameplay. Most of the bots get to where they want to.

Also, despite the extra oppisition control point being removed from AI con files, the Iraqi bots sometimes still go over there from their base....Hmmm weird. The bots can get to it fine if they are going to it from the oppisition base, but if the control point had ai to it, coalition bots on the other side of the water area would stand there hoping they can get to it, but can't due to bridge AI not working. The pathmaps have them pathed, but I think there might be a problem with the smallones files, as that would be the only reason why they don't use the bridges. Also, if you havn't already noticed, bots don't spawn at that extra opposition control point. I set it up so only humans can spawn there. Since if any bots spawn there, they would either try to walk to base or just stand there (most of them just stand there when they spawn). So I made it so they don't spawn there at all. I also removd a vehicle spawn to discourage bots from attempting to go there, since before, coalition bots still wanted to go there. But as of now, the coalition bots ignore the control point as I want. But every now and then, a iraqi bot somehow gets to it, since every now and then they will recap it when its been capped by the enemy (which is me, since I'm the only one that can cap)

Oh well. They do fine with out it. :twisted:

By the way, the "gas pumps" near that gas station are destructible. Wait till some enemy bots get near it, and hit it with a RPG or grenade. Watch the large explosion and the bodies will fly! :twisted:

Now if only I can get landingcraft to work, but right now it seems a bit to complicated for me to try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:48 pm 

link it on BFSP someone might see it and try to help out yer bugz

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2