[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Some of the stuff I've made...

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 pm 

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:01 pm 

Great! I'm downloading now (Chrome takes forever to download- the one thing IE does better)
Can't wait to try it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:11 pm 

Lol I will stick to FireFox 3. It works pretty good for me so far and have never really had to use IE or anything else so far. I got a neat plugin that allows me to access the Micrsoft update site withen FireFox (The plugin is called "IE Tab") and basically opens a new tab that uses the IE engine. So I don't even need to use the main IE browser anymore if I find a site that won't work with Firefox!

I hope you enjoy the mod. You might also find the map loading screens cool as well as that is a somewhat new feature I added. I hadn't posted v9.0 of this mod on this site, (the version where I first introduced the video loading screens), so since v8 there is a lot of new stuff!

Oh and forgot to mention, when your flying the guided stinger, right click will detonate it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:32 pm 

It doesn't work. I tried making a shortcut but that didn't work... so I started 1942 and went to custom game and clicked it and activate and...Crash. It crashed my game and threw my screen resolution out of wack. Something is wrong with the mod, as I have DC 0.7, DCF 0.8, and both xpacks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:47 pm 

Do you have the game installed at "C:\Program Files\EA Games"? If it is any where else the installer WILL NOT work!

The installer will install the mod to a preset path, if your game isn't at that path, then you will have a empty EA Games folder and the mod will be in it. Just go in to Battlefield 1942 -> Mods and copy the PoE_Comanche folder to the real mods folder of your game.

I have had another user at a different forum install this succesfully, so the installer I made does the job. It must be something your doing wrong on your side as I have tested this before uploading and had been tested on another person's computer.

Also make sure that the DesertCombat mod is installed properly as well. If the PoE_Comanche mod folder is where it should be, then it is a problem with the DesertCombat mod or the vanilla BF1942 mod. (my mod only access the Jetpack from the xpacks, so missing xpacks won't cause a crash unless you go online with it)

Try reinstalling DesertCombat and then reinstalling my mod. Perhaps there is a file somewhere in the DesertCombat mod that is screwing it up.

Also, DCF mod is not used in my mod, so whether or not it's installed won't effect it.

To uninstall my mod, just go to the Add Remove Programs control panel as the installer should put an entry there for you to uninstall it with.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:56 am 

I know it installed to the right place, so maybe DC is the problem, I haven't played it in a long time. To be more specific when I click the icon I made, the BF1942 icon with the tank and german helmet comes up, the CD revs up then instead of going to black and the game coming up, nothing happens. As I said when I try custom game it crashes and throws off my screen resolution.
EDIT: I just discovered that I had a texture_001.rfa in my DC folder, I got it from Volt it gave all the vehicles new skins, I'm betting that was why.
EDIT(2): I would have lost that bet, it still does the same thing after I removed that file.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:54 am 

i havent the XPack2 mod, but i can try your mod tomorrow if it that helps

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:10 am 

Be warned any map I put the Jetpacks on will crash your game if you don't have the Secret Weapons of WW2 Expansion pack.

My night maps along with DC Basrah's Edge don't have the Jetpack so you should be safe with those.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next