[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Make our own game..?

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Make our own game..?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:21 pm 

You don't honestly believe you will be able to pull off a real high quality game by yourselves, do you?

First thing you'd need is somebody who is very skilled and motivated to be the organisator (say->chief) so the work can be coordinated properly, tasks be given, deadlines set, etc.

Most of you are just modders for fun and never stick long to a project (I don't mean that in a negative way, just stating the facts! Meddling around with the engine to find out new stuff is cool, I love it myself), so you really think you'll have what it takes to get the tedious and often not-so-funny work doneb to create a whole new game?

Sorry, but doubt it. There's a reason why so mane "community made" games exist, and even fewer that actually reach a "release" version and are not abandonned during late alpha or early beta. Even mod teams suffer from the motivational problems and often don't get to reach their ambitious goals. Just look how many of the announced and eagerly awaited BF42 mods went dead before release. The number of released, good total conversion mods can be counted with one (perhaps two) hands...

xFire: wgpsenshi

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:03 pm 

IM DA MOTIVATOR

hey you guys feeling down? take this Image AND GET THE FUCK BACK TO WORK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:56 pm 

sadly I agree with Senshi. as much as I'd LOVE to make a game. it's not going to work. :cry: I loved the idea though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:26 pm 

is it even possible to find a game like Leisure Suit Larry or Monkey Island today? if not there are a niche available for you guys.
i think the guys that made those fun games once, is now swallowed up in the big industry where it all is about graphics, or they just got older and forgot about humor.

there was games developed by single persons that become so popular people would buy a specific computer brand just so they could play that game (before the pc era begun)

one person developer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Tycoon

two peeps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(video_game)

i dont think dice was very large before they released bf42 either, then EA bought it all (as usual) and i think it mostly gone downhill since then (except maybe bf1943 cant say yet)

make a game that is fun firstly (most important) and graphics second and you have a winner :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:38 pm 

now freddy I know its boring but you just need to buckle down and stfu.

see? im motivational! and I set deadlines

on my desk in 20 mins I don't care if you have to make 48 textures

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:41 pm 

well if your up for it freddy i'll do it with you. granted I suck with javascript. I've done a little with it but not much. so mostly all I can do is graphical stuff. importing models, animations, bones, and textures from 3dsmax/PS is extremely easy with this unity thing. so far I love the trial. it seems like a good starting point.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:54 pm 

There are many good one or two-man games.

But there gazillion more projects that never work. But who I am to stop you, good luck with your endeavour :) . Just wanted to take the "hype" out of the sails...

Another very good example of an awesome 2-guys-game (which I gladly paid for):

Adventures are obivously niches, but there are some good new productions which came along the last few years. The Whispered World, the whole Deck13 productions etc. etc. . They are pretty awesome.

xFire: wgpsenshi

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next