[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - 2012 mapper, ect.

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: 2012 mapper, ect.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:57 pm 

hey you guys. I've recently started work on a pretty big project. it's a 2012 mod based in america. I'm trying to let to much out about it unless your working with me. Sheppard has offered a bit of help with map design and weapon/kit design but I really need people who can really help with mapping and ai coding or just general coding. since both Sheppard and I are at loss of bc I'm in desperate need of a mapper who can help design/ build maps according to the proper scene (e.g. a chaotic US) and for 10-20 player maps. I know that there are few people here who can 3d model/texture/animate but those people often dont have the time to help out with projects leaving me to be responsible for the art of the mod. I can do it, but the time would be cut in half if I had someone helping me with the animation alone for the mod.

so what I really need to finish the mod is:

1) a mapper.

2) an ai coder. this mod will not fly without bot support.

now, even if your not a mapper or know any ai code you can still help by doing simple coding for vehicles/objects/weapons or even just design. I'm trying to go the extra mile with the art and environment of the levels and so anyone with an imagination is welcome to offer ideas. please pm me if your willing to help and i'll tell more about the specific needs of the mod and what's it's scene setting is, how you can help, ect. Xfire is howdoimodpl0x

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 2012 mapper, ect.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:20 am 

Hey howdoimod my good computer is fixed so i have bc contact me on xfire you got my number KISSES

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:08 am 

I'll post my mspaint drawings of some map concepts. Not perfect, but have potential I hope.

Aftermath: After a nuke goes off in a major city, rebel military and civilians fight loyalists for the capital building.

Crackdown: An aggressive civilian compound has prompted a HALO assault to crush the rebels.

First Contact: Some armed civilian scouts meet a military patrol in a deserted western US town.

King of the 130: When a C-130 crashes between two towns, they fight over the precious cargo: an Abrams and a cache of heavy weapons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:32 am 

Just make sure the maps are small, so that they can be fun with only like 8 or 10 people, if you even get that many.

(I know, I know, so pessimistic!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:31 am 

haha no your exactly right. we're trying to keep the large maps at the very minimum. that's why we're looking for a good ai coder. worst case i'll have to learn pathing or whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:00 am 

These will hopefully be all sub-Bocage sized, except king of the 130 may be close, just so theres distance between the plane and towns. But I wouldn't mind a couple with like 32 bot battles in mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:02 am 

That sounds like fun, idk if I will have extra time...if I do I'll take a stab at one of the maps.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:38 pm 

That king of the 130 map would really be awesome with 3 playable teams, as in two towns and the 130 crew + extraction team for them. Or maybe the one I posted could be like a day 2, day1 would be the blue village vs. the C-130 crew and military coming to rescue them and the cargo. Day2 would start with blue team owning the 130, and all the weapon kits that were in it are now spawnable on that team, the tank has no main gun ammo, (requires a new tank pco with little/no ammo, yes?) and it becomes a regular king of the hill style map, just that one team starts with the hill.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next