[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Browser problems

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Browser problems
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:41 pm 

alright... I'm having crazy internet browser problems. it started like 2 weeks ago. I was just using the web as usual and firefox froze up. nothing to worry about so I rebooted Firefox and it did it again after going though about two links. after getting frustrated that is was freezing up I decided to try and see what IE would do. well IE won't even work. I open it up and theres just a white screen. so I gave up on that. so i downloaded google chrome (which took multiple tries because of firefox freezing up). that does almost the exact same thing as firefox. except of the current tab I'm in fails to respond. unlike firefox however where you can reopen to the page you were at, GC just refuses to open the majority of links I click. as a last resort I installed Opera. it does the EXACT same thing as firefox, two clicks and it freezes. so now i'm wondering if there's a virus that screwing everything up. I have minimal to no virus protection on this computer because It just gets in the way. is there certain free-wear that I can download to scan my computer that you guys would recommend? thanks for reading.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Browser problems
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:32 pm 

go to firefoxes waebsite donwload firefox and leave the files on the desktop unistall all of your browsers and install fireofox again

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:36 pm 

did you read it? it does the same thing with google chrome and opera. so why would reinstalling firefox magically work?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:10 pm 

like I said, it works for a clicks then freezes. then you close it and reopen it on the page that it crashed on. it sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:19 pm 

have a virus scanner? idk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:25 pm 

Get Avira Antivir

Its free

It works

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:28 pm 

Avira is a good program to prevent viruses from infiltrating your system and also can scan your system for infections, but it's not that great at removing them. It offers only basic functions like blocking the virus or deleting the file it detected. More sophisticated virus (what's the plural of virus in english??) however quickly spread throughout your system and infiltrate the AV software you are installing or have installed. If they have managed that undetected, your system is seen as "compromised" and the only safe way to regain full security level is to format all harddrives that were attached during the infestation period. Many of the nasty buggers infest every harddrive and even changeable devices like USB sticks. But that's only IF your system is infected.

It kinda looks like some malware stuff...can't say for sure. There are many possible problems. Bad cache, temporary internet files...without further info like an error message or dump files it's hard to say anything.

However I do recommend having Avira running in the background. Its resource usage is next to none (no difference noticeable in any application/game regarding smoothness and FPS levels, perhaps an increase in loading times by 0,5% or something like that...on the other hand you get a very effective guard system preventing malware to fire up in the beginning. As soon as malware tries to do some changes, Avira immediatly blocks them and asks for user input (do you want to block, delete, ignore, quarantine?). Quite nice. Not perfect, but nice.

xFire: wgpsenshi

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next