[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Introducing myself

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Introducing myself
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:47 am 

Greetings fellow members and esteemed modders,
I admire your talents and seek them as I may become also one of the better modders for server side modding in BF42 vanilla maps.
My game name is Malestrom, I am Col Malestrom {M§P} of clan Malestroms Pub.
I am 45 yrs old and live in Philadelphia Pa USA.
I have had other clan affiliation that did not work out to my satisfaction.
Thus I started my own clan with a 'pub' mentality
We have no military structure or order but rather meet and commiserate to enjoy the game and what fellowship it brings in playing.
In this dying community, I feel the need to offer what I dont see, a server running vanilla maps that are modded to the point of balance yet remain intriguing and quite enjoyable to the visitors and members as well.
We will be celebrating 1 year in the 3rd week of may, our numbers are small but we are selective as to whom we allow to wear our tags.
We are mostly older men with a couple youngens who show great maturity.
As I move forward to better our server we have become self sustaining, our members and pubbies donate regularly and provide for some neat opportunities. example, we are having a custom map party bash over 3 evenings to celebrate our anniversary. Anyone attending no less than 6 hours over all 3 nights and who is registered on our forum will be eligible for a prize drawing from 3 prizes we have pre selected.
A Malestroms Pub T-Shirt, A Malestroms Pub Beer Stien and a laptop carry case.
I hope you will takethe time to walk me through the nagging and seemingly painful (at times)task of accomplishing my few simple but very needed goals.
I have 1 mod already that you have helped create.
Market garden with 2 109s and a B17 on the axis side as well as the allied planes and spawns mirroring the conquest version of the game.
I need to lean spawn points, parachute included, my attempts thus far crash the server lol!
Anyway, Ive never been short on words so ill end here.
Hello and thanks for the help thus far
Col Malestrom {M§P}
Malestrom, male, mal are all acceptable in conversation
Peace :D

Briefly edited to add:
I have an associates degree in networking, operating systems and coding visual basic as well as database and oracle.
I have some familiarity (4 years) of ai scripting in starcraft boodwar
So although im a noob to modding BF42
I understand the logical and arithmatic processes behind the scene.
Done :lol:

Its for fun already
Pull up a chair and have 1 on me

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Introducing myself
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:35 pm 

Welcome to the community, I may check out your server in a bit. Also, with all that computer experience you have, BF (refractor2 engine-used in bf1942 through bf2 I believe) code is extremely simple compared to other coding systems.

Edit: your server is v1.61 right? Few people still play on v1.6

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:23 pm 

Welcome Malestrom :)

coding bf42 is straight forward, only downside it doesnt take arguments like and if and such. usually there is a way around to make things work as wanted anyhow 8-)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:17 pm 

Its for fun already
Pull up a chair and have 1 on me

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:00 am 

Haha welcome! I love new enthusiast modders. I hope for you sake that we don't get to fussy. :lol: we're often bad about actually "welcoming" new people into the community that are starting out. Who knows maybe I'm just talking about myself here. Anywho, welcome. Btw I like the degrees.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:43 am 

Welcome Malestrom, always fun to make fun out of new noobs :P

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:20 pm 

See? :D

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:13 pm 

mr. H why haven't you responded to my PM :razz:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next