[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Introducing myself

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introducing myself
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:19 pm 

Indeed it does, but I DO NOT want another political discussion...I'm just going to say, Archi, be careful what you ask for, cause you just might get it all, and then some you don't want. When you remove the rich-middleclass-poor system you get everyone being poor in the end, except the government of course. Here's why: When everyone is payed the same amount, there is no incentive to work harder. That is what keeps an economy healthy, more work=more gain. Once you remove that only the government has any money, because they print it. Everyone else is working for the same amount so they have no incentive, and so don't work at all, which ends up being like...cold war era Russia :shock: If that happens, I will move to Europe in a heartbeat, so long as they aren't the same way by then.

And iced, thank you for being another voice of reason. Basically what I just said in a nutshell but you beat me too it. :D

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:28 pm 

Just a off-topic question: How many of you can actually vote? (Meaning 18+) And/or have voted for the President?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:39 pm 

Hate my ideas if you want to, personally I would find it comforting to know that nobody has it worse or better off than I do, that everyone was on the same level and yet still able to be free and express who they are. Besides, its not like there wouldn't be a middle, lower and upper class, because everybody spends their money differently. Some people hang on to it, holding it in banks and building up a massive surplus, some people go bankrupt when they spend it all too quick, and there are others like myself who are in-between.

Im just talking about equal opportunity for all, which is something the Constitution states explicitly in its pages, and a lot of times in the current system there is not equal opportunity for all because the system can be fickle.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:53 pm 

Ok, I'll agree with you there, that the system doesn't work as intended, but that is the people we elect's fault (meaning our fault) for not running the system correctly. The Federal government was designed to have only power for national defense. The second prerogative, "Provide for the common good", has been decided to mean anything the next politician wants it to. Originally, the country was supposed to be a union of states who governed themselves, but with the advantage of a common military for strong defense. As soon as "Federal Agencies" were made, the original vision of the country's founders was lost.

Communism is not the way to fix that. To be brutally honest, revolution is.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:04 pm 

Something that absolutely needs to happen is the over-hall of the American Dollar. We need to switch from Paper bills which effectively have no value now, to either the reinstatement of the gold standard, or the complete use of coins, so that money is represented physically and not just on a spread sheet.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:07 pm 

Yes...paper is worth nothing. And one world currency scares me to death.

We need to make America the "Shining beacon on the hill" it once was.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:49 pm 

I think Reagan, why?
The other thing is, America was always called "the melting pot" of people from every culture. That ended when they started hyphenating things. African-American. Latino-American. The list goes on. When you come here, you're supposed to be an AMERICAN. No hyphens, no racial divisions, just American. That is one of things that is leading to the decline of this country, and the world for that matter. Every country should stop recognizing different races, we're all frigging people.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next