[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Antivirus System Pro alert virus help

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:40 pm 

As I work for a unknown virus program, I can say this.

Your screwed, happy reinstall of your computer.
Remember to backup you privat files.

And for you guys who use Google tools, MSN, Facebook and Skype.
Invest in a good backup program, you will need it.

Virus/Trojans/Worms usually end up in computers with an owner who click on anything.
Learn how to say no and don't look at "Yes man"!

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:34 pm 

I never click or open things without looking for many reasons. I will say this one more time, as far as I can tell the anti virus programs are worth the money. Since I've had them I haven't gotten any viruses/spyware/trojans/etc and that's good enough for me.

Also in my opinion, Chrome is the greatest browser there is. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:35 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:04 pm 

:evil:

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:22 am 

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:56 pm 

Interesting how you refuse to even acknowledge all the facts, hints, tips and suggestions, DesertFox :D .

There is absolutely no need to buy AV software, as free ones are at least as good as payware, sometimes even better, as they have way higher update intervals. E.g. Avira and Avast update the signatures daily, sometimes even more often. Many payware doesn't keep up with that.

Chrome might be nice and fancy, but it nevertheless is a "fresh" and pretty much beta browser, which doesn't even have the benefits of other open source or free browsers who profit of their niche existence, meaning hackers prefer focusing on the "big" browsers, obviously.

And, Chrome is Google. All the more reason not to use it. I'm not usually hyper paranoid, but I'm very paranoid with information I'm putting on the web. What you put in the net, the net never forgets. And as I have a whole life ahead of me, I'm not interested in every aspect of my life being logged&stored, especially not by a mega concern like Google (just think of the "web protocol" which tracks&logs all your google search inputs automatically...). That's also why I despise social network stuff like Facebook or (the german counterpart) StudiVZ.

Oh yeah, and if your computer has been infected with a virus, the only wise thing to do is to format. Once a trojan/virus has become active, it's common standard they make a mess all over the system secretly, even though your AV software (doesn't matter which one) might call it "clean". there is just no way to be sure. Your computer now is compromised and there can be all stuff going on. Security holes/backdoors opened in your browsers for more viruses or even hacker "entry points", reprogrammed AV softwares (e.g. the first thing most trojans do is silently making AV updates impossible and taking over the AV search engines so they are untraceable.
Once they're in, wipe clean.

xFire: wgpsenshi

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:26 pm 

I happen to like Google... This browser is very nice and works better than the others in my opinion, it's also faster on the same internet connection and uses less RAM. I also can't stand any other of the search engines, they just don't work as well.

But I do also despise social networking sites, it's common sense not to put your information on a site where anyone at all can get it.

Also, I'm not disregarding the suggestions and points, when my spysweeper subscription runs out in June I'm not going to renew it, I'm going to try the free ones.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:07 am 

Ah, see this is where we differ. I love Google keeping track of the searches I make, since it makes the results in the future more relevant. This is like the "web history" function. Plus I have lots of fun going back in time and seeing what I searched for on specific dates. It reminds me of what school related task I was working on at the time. I wish wikipedia tracked what I viewed, as that is always an adventure when I get reading there. (Oh wow, that sounded epic nerdy.)

Same with Facebook. The more information I put on there, the more my friends can see, the more they will put on there, etc. It's a great way to find other people at my school interested in similar bands/movies/activities. This is way way more useful in a college/school atmosphere than in real life though. Plus I can keep in touch with all my HS friends when we all go off to college next year. (Wait, what? How old is W2K?)

As far as Chrome or FireFox using more RAM. That's a good thing! I have all of this RAM to spare, so I might as well be using it! I don't care if my browser takes up 200 MB of RAM when running, I use about 50MB when having nothing running. iTunes is always running for about 150MB, FireFox is using about 75MB, uTorrent is using about 75MB, pidgin is using about 35MB, and the rest of the stuff running is just services. I have 2GB of RAM, and we are nowhere near even 750MB yet. Therefore, I can spare this. I want to multitask, so I have the RAM capacity to do it, and therefore I am utilizing my RAM to its fullest extent.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next