[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - A modding team.

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: A modding team.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:31 am 

I'm good at coding! I'll upload my uber b17 map when its done and show you. Pilot-operated machine gun, chin gunner, top turret gunner, left & right waist gunners and tail gunner. Each position has a spawnpoint.

I can code well and map. I guess what we need though is a clear objective in mind...what kind of mod, etc.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:28 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:44 am 

:lol: Thats great.

Well, did you already have something in mind mr. h? The last thing I want to do is hijack your plan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:38 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:53 pm 

I think, there are alot of realistic and non realistic mods I'd love to do/see done.
Alot of the ideas I mentioned earlier, plus:
1 hit kill for most weapons, at least within 50 meters. The same way a pistol does less damage far out, we could apply to most weapons (rifles excluded). Also.... accurate weapons. Springfield. M91/30(Moisin Nagant). PPSh. Thompson Drum. TT-33. Webley Revolver. M1 Carbine.
Also....more variety of vehicles and planes. We need a P40, maybe P-38. Also rocket firing Mustang. Especially we can use the code posted here long ago, adds correct # of guns to planes. I use it on my server and its great. We could also make a 20mm nose cannon for the bf109. Just some ideas and yeah I have alot. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:03 pm 

haha nice. we can make those weapons if we have to and i'd like to not use the current bazooka projectile. give it an effect of smoke that kinda clouds around the bazooka itself but not the trial of smoke. and by the way I love the Russian campaign's in games. I'd love a hardcore russian map with alot of snow (snow could be a custom object :D )and alot of smoke and tracers. with the right amount of time spent on effects, that alone could make the game ten times better. does xfire have chat rooms? you know somewhere where the three of us could all talk about it? because we need to get a plan or at very least an idea of what we want as quickly as possible right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:18 pm 

1 Hit kill, we'd be better off modifying the Soldiers character with a few different materials so that where he gets hit directly influences the injury. Chest 2 to 3 hits, Head 1, Arms 2 to 3, Legs 2 to 3, hands and feet 4 to 5, etc. Call Of Duty Hardcore basically.

My Demands:

65 degree Field of View, none of this 47 degree crap
Randomized Soldiers, whether new models or just different skins
Accurate weapons, a gun shoots where its pointed, thats that.
Infantry Maps, Infantry Maps, Infantry Maps.
Some destructable buildings, for possible objective style map.
New Effects, Id be up to making these
All moving parts for weapons, lets not jip the guns, do what we have to and make them look nice. We have the programs now to make stunning low poly weapons, lets use it.
Find ways to remove Grenade spam, and expacking, don't remove the grenades, but limit them to one, and that they are not replenished.
Accurate statistics for all weapons, customized projectiles, bullet drop, and muzzle velocities for all, not just hand weapons, but tanks, artillery, and naval guns as well.
More accurate engine power, speed, and turn radius.
And most importantly, and emphasis on Rifles, Sub Machine guns and LMG's should be limited.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:48 pm 

I hate to be the buzzkill but... nobody would play it. There are so few servers running anything except vanilla 1942 and some DC, and maybe one FH server. Everything else died.

Great idea, if it was a real game. It sounds like you would be better off just finding a new game to play.

I know I know... I run a website about modding and yet I am not recommending it, but that's why I put an emphasis on serversidemodding, everything else just seems to be a waste of very good talented effort.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next