[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - A modding team.

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: A modding team.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:03 pm 

hey, I know that modding seems to be dieing down and I seem to have missed the golden age of modding because I got into it two late. but every day I get better at coding/modeling/skinning (though I still suck at skinning I'm working on it). how ever I can't do any animations for my life. :shock: but know that I can get models and guns and stuff in game with the right coding. I was wondering if anyone would like to create a small team of guys to try to create a decent CSM mod. we could communicate through email, xfire, and maybe through the phone if needed. I've aspired to create a full scale CSM ever since I first got excited from just being able to change the mag size of a gun. :lol: however I'm worried that people just don't have the time or passion to heavily mod anymore. I might see if I can find another site that is more concentrated on CSM's instead of SSM's to try to find other people to make a mod with. if anyone likes the idea please pm or post here. my xfire is mrhowdoimod and if we do get enough people we can discuss mod idea's but i'm not entirely sure I'll get enough people to even start.

and yes. I DO know this is a ssm site but clientside modding is just so much more fun. :D

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A modding team.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:13 pm 

do you have any ideas in mind already, as far as the CSM goes?

I always thought forgotten hope would be a great mod to "redo"..but with bf1942 gameplay in mind. They ruined the 1942 feel by making it "realistic".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:37 am 

First: I LOVE this idea. Second, Iced, I wholeheartedly agree. The other thing to do would be less laggy graphics and shorter map loading (It takes me 15 min to load a map so I don't play it).
I started making a mod called "Planes & Missiles" which first, combined bf1942, and both xpacks, and did all kinds of wacky mods to vehicles. BF109 cannon, missile firing mustang, rapid fire tanks and artillery, etc...I stopped part way through though, I don't remember why but anyway I'd love to be part of your "team".
You have my xfire (desertfox2020) and my email is desertfox11194[at]gmail.com (don't want a spam bot finding me).
Also, I have a few ideas:
Some elements from all bf42 mods, like some stuff from FH, some from BG42, etc... (Just ideas I don't want to steal anyone's work they get pissed off). Another thing would be, redo the battleships. To be honest, the AA guns are plain awful. The subs should have an AA gun or a deck cannon on the bow, and a machine gun on the conning tower, both historically accurate. The destroyers should have torpedo tubes, and the deck machine guns should be accessible from the # keys, no more jumping out and running around to shoot a plane.
The xpack2 paratrooper plane needs to be on alot of large maps, and the JU88A needs to be added to the game so it can be widely used, same with the Pak40 gun.
Just some stuff to think about....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:48 am 

I wouldn't mind making a mod, however the lack of player base may limit us.

If we make a mod there is only a few things I suggest:

Down the Barrel Sights
New Effects
Accurate Equipment.

We could even go as far to correct the soldiers gear so that its authentic, and randomized, (yes it can be randomized) and that the kits do not switch when kits are picked up. So for instance, no more switching helmets...backpacks or other gear. All that should be static to the character.

There's a million thinks I can think of to do, all of which would make it great, the effort may be not worth it though, as the player base has died in recent years. A mod for BF2 might be better, but harder.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:00 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:07 am 

Well count me in!
I can code, but unfortunately I can't make maps, or skin. I have the means to make models, but we can leave that to howdoimod since he's obviously good at it and I'm....not. I wish I could make maps, but maybe I could convey some ideas to an experienced mapper (Iced).
This'll be quick since I gotta go but maps to do:
Pearl Harbor
Iwo Jima with black sand
Midway- no island
Coral Sea- more ships
And include some of the good xpack maps....I gotta go but for now that's all I got.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:12 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:25 am 

I'm all around good with anything, I can do just about anything you can think of with BF1942, but I'm usually busy, if you guys start a mod and need my help, leme know, I'll see what I can do.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next