[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Modded vs. Unmodded

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What do you prefer?
Modded - only if by me 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Modded - any modded server with reasonable mods 73%  73%  [ 33 ]
Modded - only certain maps/mods 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Unmodded - the map maker had it right 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 45
 Post subject: Modded vs. Unmodded
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:03 am 

Recently I've seen a discussion about whether it is better to play on a server that has modded maps versus unmodded maps.

Do you like your maps modded a very certain way, or do you like servers that try out things you do not expect?

Do you feel that some servers overdo the modding? Even popular ones that still have lots of players that enjoy that mod?

Are there some mods that are almost expected on certain maps and game modes? Are these things that are never included by default on any maps because they require a .Active?

Are there any maps you feel don't need mods? Any that you only enjoy when modded?

So, what do you prefer? Why? Let's discuss!

Specifically, we are discussing 100% server-side mods, not client map patch files.

Post subject: Re: Modded vs. Unmodded
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:35 am 

I love modded, in almost any way. I like it when they do mods I don't expect, and alot of people seem to, I have many....shall we say unconventional mods on my server and people are generally pleasantly surprised to find them. I don't believe in over-modding, I mod so heavily that it does sometimes get dumb (my modfiles are generally 30kb :lol: ) but most people seem to enjoy so I've never taken any mods out unless they were problematic. I definitely like maps modded a certain way, I like it when vehicles respawn instantly, I like it when the mods are geared toward fun more than realism. Don't get me wrong, I love both, but sometimes it can go too far in the realism direction that it's un-realistically-realistic :lol: and no longer fun. I also generally prefer my own mods, as I have made them because they're my ideas and what I like. I selected only if by me in the poll but I do enjoy other people's mods, just not as much as I enjoy my own.
My 2 cents.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:53 am 

Modded. Why? No Content Checking! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:20 am 

Great idea for a poll...I request more options!

I'm for unmodded or slightly modded for improving gameplay, or complete, over-the-top, all out mods. Does that make sense? :lol:

Unmodded, or modded slightly:
If you want to play a nice competitive game, this is the way to go. A few mods (no "secrets") to make a map even, or something along those lines is great. "Transparent" mods if you will. I hated joining a server in the past that was on a map I loved, but they dicked it all around. For instance, on MG's generic "BF1942" server, it was on battleaxe. "Sweet!" I thought. I join, and one of the bunker flags was on a hill, another one way off in the middle of nowhere, etc. I mean a flag on the hill by the allied main...it just didn't even make sense. The map was fine how it was!!

All-out crazy mods:
These servers/maps are great when you just need to 'shoot something', or see bodies fly and fall off your chair laughing. No one is overly concerned about their score, and even though there are "super weapons"...ALL of the weapons are super, so it still maintains balance. No one can whore for too long without being blown into smithereens.

My opinion... :razz:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:06 pm 

I think that a good server is one which has a mods to improve basic gameplay such as those which edit the terrain to make it fast and have in certain cases more vehicles to balance it out ie omaha beach. alongside these mods i like mods which are out of the ordenary which make you think whooh why is that there and wooh thats so cool like aircraft carriers(ships) in the air and guns making vehicles but i like these to have to be found but also easy to find and availiable everyone, no super weapons hidden at the end of a secret teleport lol (yes teleports exist :P)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:04 pm 

As my mods try to balance and make game more fun, I think I'm on the right direction here.
I see alot of overmodded servers out there, it's fun for a while.
But when you think about it......
They wasn't so far off when they made they game.
I'm just trying to make it perfect.

I don't know if this screenshoot say alot or not..
jolt.jpg
Hey. 15 minutes later.. ;-)
We past one Jolt server.....
Jolt2.jpg
45 minutes later
jolt3.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:32 pm 

i prefer discret moddings, or maybe more like tweakings. i had a new years special mod with more radical/crazy stuff in, and altho many enjoyed it there was some that actually got angry and disconnected ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:01 pm 

Modded maps is the way to go it brings more fun to the game!!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next