[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - New bc crashes?

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New bc crashes?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:03 am 

http://www.buyxg.com/

This website, or numerous others like it. On this particular one I can get a Desktop PC (which is what you want, forget the laptops) for 750 dollars, that is 40 times better than that Dell Inspiron, and it comes with accessories.

Im buying a 499 dollar PC off this website that will be able to run even BF2 on the highest settings, lets see your 800 dollar Inspiron do that.

I forgot to add this, the Key to building or buying a PC is research, research, research. Use this website to build your own (or find another like it you may find), research each part, use google to find comparisons, find benchmark listings, get to better understand PC equipment, if your planning on buying PC's in the future, it is key that you learn to spend alot of time reading, browsing, and looking up the latest information for every part. It took me 3 weeks to research all the parts for my configuration, and finally decide what I was going to buy.

With the recent announcement of E:TW minimum specs I found out I could chop 200 bucks off the price.

Again, do your research, it'll save you money, and take it from someone who does extensive work with PC's, don't go for Brand Name PC's, even if you find a used PC store somewhere and buy a cheap 120 dollar system from them, you can spend maybe 300 bucks in add-ons and make that PC a charm which will last you some time.

Bran Name companies are scam artists, just like AOL

Last edited by Archimonde0_0 on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:10 am 

hmmmm....LOL. I'll look into this but it's not like I can afford a new PC any time soon so. These come with 32-bit vista? I understand that 64-bit Vista likes to crash bf1942 and BFRM.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:13 am 

You have your choice, you can either buy Vista, or you can use an old XP disc, or purchase XP from them.

Its to make your own, so dont just look at the advertised PC's, these are fully customizable.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:20 am 

as i said there is no open GL support in the drivers that comes with windows, i guess this is because they dont want to support anything else than there own 3d system (direct X)

not sure it will ever work with those integrated intel graphics, but i know one guy that couldnt play CS after a fresh windows install, after some googling we found drivers that suported open GL and he could play again. worth to mention is that the drivers he installed was older then the one that was there so he got a message about installing over with a older driver jada jada bla bla etc .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:46 am 

I've never used Vista, do you recommend it or should I get XP SP3? (which is what I've got now) And, I went through and built one and it's $972, that's way out of my price range, how do you recommend that I lower the price? It started at $765 which I might have been able to swing by, but then again I didn't know it didn't have a monitor yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:56 am 

Buy XP, Vista needs to be fixed.

To lower the price like I said, do some research, and compromise.

If you don't need a Floppy Drive, don't get it, if you dont need a mouse, dont get it, if you are thinking of buying the 3.14 ghz processor as opposed to the 3.0, get the 3.0 (its basically the same thing). Etc.

You can lower the price drastically by getting the cheapest case, or a lower grade fan (just keep in a cool room). Little things like this. Here ill show you what im buying:

BASE PRICE: 545
CASE: XION II Mid-Tower Case 350Watt W/ Mod Side-Panel Window (BLACK COLOR)
Case Fan: Default case fans
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache 64-bit [+20]
CD Drive: (Special Price)LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BEIGE COLOR)
CPU FAN:INTEL LGA775 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
Hard Drive:Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-4])
Main Board:Gigabyte EP43-DS3L Intel P43 Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard [-24]
RAM: 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
Internet: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: None - Just a Formated Hard-Drive so I can install windows
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts Power Supplies [+64] (Nzxt PP600 Watt Power Supply-SLI Supports)
SOUND: ESS 3D WAVETABLE SOUND PCI [+12]
SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB DDR3 PCI-Express DVI-I & TVO
Price: $599

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:05 pm 

I need a monitor though so that's another $150-$200...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:40 pm 

what about the one your using

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next