[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - BF 1942 No Basecamping on El Alamein

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:57 pm 

Have been on your forum and seen the debate about "bubbles".
Similar positive comments received in France, on the maps I've modded.

We have implemented several in Team Servers like ours ~[PuMa]~team but also on public servers to get rid of noobs and it works great.

Reg. fine tuning, had indeed to remove plane damage, to adress problem of pilot getting caught in death bubble during dog fight (especially on small maps like Bocage where you might flyby an uncapped base unintentionally during a dogfight).
Other possibilities (untested) would have been to reduce the altitude in the coordinates of the bubble (second number), to make it efficient only close to ground (the top part of the sphere only emerging).

Have finished following maps (which you have not yet done apparently) should you be interested : un_berlin (the berlin map modified with 2 uncappable bases) , and Omaha beach
For Omaha, have made Axe Tanks on beach not possible , and Axe infantery possible but only enough to block the flag (bubble line is at the level of the big anti-tank obstacles).
To do this have created 2 types of bubbles, one for vehicles (large radius) and one for humans (smaller radius, spawned 3 times along the shoreline).
Tested during 5 nights at 36 players seems to work OK, with players satisfaction 8)
I'm finishing Guadal , Kharkov , Kursk , Stalin

No plan to do Ardennes (Bulge) or Tobrouk since Tank steeling is almost part of a normal game to the opinion of lots of players on those maps.

Will keep you posted with a DL link :wink:

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:26 pm 

By the way forgot to add :
:arrow: reg. destruction speed , I'm now using -2 for slow destruction on most maps (in 50% cases it still does explode) which is fast enough to prevent too high damage to be done by intruder.
:arrow: On Omaha had to reduce to -1 to ensure explosion. Indeed destruction starts at "mid lateral ramp" (radius 170 centered on the flag) should the destruction speed be faster and the burning debry stay there, this would obstruct the ramp and prevent the jeep or the Sherman from reaching the plateau.
:arrow: furthermore the debry after a while visually dissapears but is still present (you can still hear the sound of fire, you cannot drive through, but you cannot see it) (observed on Russian Tanks in Berlin before I had cranked-up the value to -25 to ensure replacement of debries by respawning tank))

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:38 pm 

Thanks for all the info Le_chat! I checked out your site, mais je ne parles pas d'francais... :P At least, not since high school (long ago, in a galaxy far, far away). The pic of Berlin on the front page was amusing, that's A LOT of tank wreckage!
I've done exactly that on Bocage, killed by my own creation during dogfights! That was embarrassing... lol!
So far El Alamein has been my test map, though I have 5 others running on our server right now. El Alamein features repairing APCs plus a tank and APC at each of the northern villages.
Our server admins kick people for stealing equipment in uncaps, including Tobruk and BoBulge. The uncaps there are supposed to be representing an invading army, and I doubt the invading Germans would leave their tanks unattended during a battle.
I've just finished making the death bubble on the Axis base on Bulge, I made one over the main Axis compound that kills PanzerIVs and Wespes at -25 (to prevent stealing), but all other vehicles (including Tigers) at -5. I added a second, smaller bubble at the Tiger spawn where the Tiger is -25 (everything else is -5) to prevent stealing and wreckage problems.
I haven't uploaded it yet, I haven't tested it. I'll post in the Modded Maps section when it's done.

[HIT] is a BF 1942 clan, our gameserver name is hitclan.net
Visit us at

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:31 pm 

if you are having problems with the bubble going too high up just use multiple bubbles that overlap. I usually put the center of one bubble at the edge of another and it gives enough coverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:30 pm 

Visit us at

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:23 pm 

I've changed my code, I removed the aircraft from being damaged by the death bubble. Pilots were complaining about taking damage in a dogfight when chasing the enemy back to their base.

Visit us at

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:12 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:20 am 

I'm not sure about FH coding, I'd assume it's the same (still the BF engine).
I have posted all my modded death bubble maps on hitclan.net if you're interested.

Also check out to learn an easier way of making death bubbles on a lot of maps.

Visit us at

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next