[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - [CSM]Armoreffects/Damaged LOD's Tutorial

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:26 am 

No, but you can do it to your game, and then it should work on every server you join. I've lots of cool stuff that way.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:47 pm 

Well, any one tested this with a server configuration? Armor effects are usually not consistant in network play as it doesn't always work. For example, if you spawn a dead plane with an armor effect and use it in network play, the dead plane won't always appear to the clients when the effect is activated.....I could never get it to work 100% correctly in network play as I am still trying to perfect the way the wreck lods for my destructible bunkers appear.

To clear things up here, I'm talking about this as a CSM, NOT a SSM! This problem will occur even with both the client and server have the same files and such.

Also, when you set up the emiiters (this mod does use emitters right?, be sure to set the ObjectTemplate.lodDistance on them so that it's high enough for a vehicle on the other side of the map to activate the effect properly. (in singleplayer) If its not high enough, the effect won't activate if a player is not observing it from withen that lod range. You may notice this if a soldier dies on the other side of the map, but if you zoom the camera to the soldier right after he dies, the helmet that falls off (this is a armor effect) won't appear.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:11 pm 

Up to now I didn't encounter any problems on server with described method, tested it with some other guys. Even if one of us was at the other side of the map while the other one damaged the vehicle to trigger the next armoreffect: When the other one returned he always could see the proper damagestate model. Perhaps because it is no effect per se, but rather a simpleobject? Real effects/emitters are more tricky and tend to cause problems on long range, that's true.

This tutorial does not describe or use emitters, actually it doesn't even use effects per definition.
It only uses the armoreffect command to include simpleobjects, as armoreffect allows spawning pretty much any object type :) .

xFire: wgpsenshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:28 pm 

And spawner :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:12 pm 

Just changed my destructible bunker to spawn the wreck bundle directly instead of the emitter like your mod does. However it does not work at all in network play. I did a network test and bundle will never appear no matter the distance. However it is still solid. And yes my client files and server files match. It worked fine in singleplayer.

So doing it through the effects and emitters is the only way I can get it to work (most of time) in network play. So armor effects in general just aren't kept track properly in internet play. Please note that LAN play is a bit different so it may work on that. Just not on internet servers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:01 am 

LAN differs from Internet, I agree there.

But tests were made online.We have our very own 24/7 server for our project which I also use for network tests of certain mod parts. And armoreffects worked just fine.

But as stated, I only added "simpleobject" objecttypes, didn't test bundles.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:28 pm 

Oh simpleobjects. Didn't try that. What I could do is add the smoke effects (since that is why my wreck is a bundle) as a separate bundle and the main wreck as the simple object.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:31 am 

Yes, I'd definetly try that. I think especially the "real" effects using emitters etc. have these long distance problems on network. So seperating them would hopefully lead to a worst case scenario of no smoke being visible, while at least the wreck mesh is avaible.
This obviously causes a bit of a flood of armoreffects having to launch them simultaneously but luckily BF doesn't give a crap how many armoreffect lines there are to process :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next