[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Getting Started: Using winRFA to make your own patchfiles

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:52 pm 

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:41 pm 

Ill try more later.
Im sick again (chronic resperitory )
Ill get it eventually
Thanks for the forum and all your help guys
Youve been very patient and I do appreciate that.

Its for fun already
Pull up a chair and have 1 on me

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:16 pm 

Hey malestrom! Something is gumming up the works somewhere. Re-read the tut, make sure you do the steps in order!!

I'll give you a 'non-dumbed down' version here, because for the tutorial I wanted to establish good habits (extracting files from the map, THEN extracting the same files from newer patches) for future modding.

You only want to add planes? In that case, we only need ObjectSpawns.con.

1) Market_Garden_003.rfa includes an updated ObjectSpawns.con for Conquest (make sure you grab the right one!!).
2) Extract ObjectSpawns.con from Market_Garden_003.rfa to any folder of your liking.
3) Use the packing process to pack this single file into a new patch file (any number higher than 003). Make sure the file structure is correct!
4) Open your new patchfile and add the coordinates from the tut. Save and close! You should see bf109s on market.

Another question: How are you testing this? On your PC or a server? If your server is linux, remember that linux doesn't recognize uppercase names! Rename everything to be lower case (market_garden_005.rfa). Also, if you are using a server to test, there is an easier way to test server side mods on your PC:

SSM Testing on your PC:
1) Copy your Battlefield 1942 folder (yes the WHOLE thing)
2) Paste it anywhere else. Name it "Battlefield 1942 2", "BF Install 2", or anything like that.
3) Locate the levels folder of your "install 2" of battlefield. Make a shortcut on the desktop for it (huge time saver!).
4) Put all your mods in install 2's levels folder.
5) Run dedicated server on install 2.
6) Join that game via your regular 1942 install.

There you go, a true server side environment!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:38 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:20 pm 

Wow thanks guys!
Thats what I call dedication to a cause. ;)
Ill try it tonight if I get the time.
I upload it to my server, Ill try running it locally as you said to.
Thanks again ;-)

Its for fun already

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:57 pm 

2 things im happy about

#1 The thread that me and urglub first discussed out alcohol addictions in is a sticky thread

#2 I finally learned how to do this! Image Image

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:18 am 

Freddy that was the problem!
It worked!
I have planes yay!!
only 2 things now...
1) the 2 planes spawn in the exact same spot
So if absolute position x/y/z is the same for both planes they are spawning on top of each other lol!
as soon as I take off the other spawns immediately and blows up damaging my plane as well lol!
so I need to make the co-ordinates for plane 2 NEXT to plane 1 to have both planes.
Ill go in game and try getting the coordinates as you said to.
2) Id like to have this in my co-op mode as all my maps are run in co-op.
Thanks much for the help!! :D

edited 15 minutes l8r
--------------------------
I went in game and got the coordinates and changed 1
Now I have 2 bf 109s side by side!! WOOT!!
---------------------------------------------
rem *** Additional Fighter #1 ***
Object.create FighterSpawner
Object.absolutePosition 1193.34/40.28/724.55
Object.rotation 0/-9.66/0
Object.setTeam 1

rem *** Additional Fighter #2 ***
Object.create FighterSpawner
Object.absolutePosition 1209.46/40.28/724.55
Object.rotation 0/-9.66/0
Object.setTeam 1
------------------------------------------
NOW IM ADDING A BOMBER LOL!!
Code so far:
beginrem
rem***Axis Heavy Bomber***
Object.create HeavyBomberSpawner
Object.absolutePosition 1201.40/52.9163/630.24
Object.rotation 180/0/0......wrong lol!! this is fun. :razz:
Object.setTeam 1
endrem
------------------------
Until I get all the coordinates
Then ill remove the beginrem and endrem
----------------------------

Still need it for co-op
Thanks guys!!
Donation on the way!!
Col Malestrom

BTW How do you get the co-ordinates to stop scrolling on the screen from the console once you have them? :oops:

Its for fun already

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:22 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next