[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Is it possible to do this?

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:08 am 

Ive tried to take the soldier body parts like the arms & head & make new simple objects out of them so i can create an effect that throws the limbs & stuff off. Im trying to use the soldier body part standard meshes but the models for these parts i gather have animation properties or sumthing else thats stoping me from making them into simple objects that can be position/mov/or whatever? anybody know how to change this in gmax? am i right in this assumtion? Standard meshes like the soldier heads just show up as transparent or nuthing at all when it manual add them in.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:27 pm 

They're called animated meshes I believe. like flags. you can't just add them to anything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:48 pm 

hey this sounds interesting... :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:51 pm 

Well you can make a new SimpleObject or Bundle and use new "StandardMesh" geometry template and reference to those same meshes the soldiers use.

However, you CAN NOT have a bundle/simple object or non AnimatedBundle object in general use a AnimatedMesh geometry. Because the createSkeleton command only works on animatedBundles and BFSoldiers. An animatedMesh geometry template requires that the host object define the matching skelelton for it or else it will appear all jumbled up ingame.

So you can't have a projectile or SimpleObject directly use an animatedMesh. So you must make a new geometry template that isn't a AnimatedMesh. But that new template can use the same file as the animatedMesh one with no problem. ;)

I did that with a few of the animatedMeshes I made of some Mario Kart objects. Before I had the animations ready I simply made the templates standardMeshes and had no issue using them on normal objects. Of coarse now I have animations and the like, so they are animated meshes now. :D

BUT, you still have to go into max and separate out all the arms and legs into their own meshes as the arms/legs are part of the 3pBody mesh and are not separate objects.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:25 pm 

Update: I did the work of seperating all the meshes and welding the vertexes to fill any holes left behind.

All the meshes have both a collision mesh and a shadow mesh. Material for them is set to 40.

Download Link:

The meshes have been recentered so the center of mass for all the meshes is 0/0/0. Be sure to position them accordingly when coding the effect template.

When you finish, I would like to see the finished results. :D

Also, the body parts use the vanilla BF42 US textures. You can probably make copies of the meshes and have them use the axis textures and such. You may also want to add blood stains to the textures if you want the parts to be bloody. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:17 am 

thanx apache!! :D You are AWESOME! The plan is to use the body parts in an explosion & maybe a rain effect. Also want to use them as melee & tossable weapons for my zombie & mental patient soldiers. Should be pretty entertaining swinging a bloody severed leg at the enemy! :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:30 am 

You are bizarre :D . I like it.

xFire: wgpsenshi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:39 am 

The only way to do this would be to add a wreck to your soldier (not saying it would work) and a death effect with the arms and legs within it. So when a soldier dies his limp limbless body falls to the ground, and a huge spurt of blood and his arms fly off in all directions. But it won't be specific to where a projectile hits him. Just everytime.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next