[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Help with BF2 style helicopter hover...

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:02 am 

I'm trying to replicate the way the choppers hover in BF2. As in they won't drop in altitude when you let go of the throttle.

I got that part nailed. The choppers do not drop in altitude when throttle is release and only drop if you pitch/roll to steep like normal.

Problem is, I can't get the chopper to drop in altitude when using reverse thrust. So it would be difficult to land it as it is right now.

I've tried a system similar to the vtols on the Harrier (they hover when using reverse thrust). Instead of thrusting up on reverse thrust I want it to thrust down. But alas I can't get the dam rotation bundle to turn in the direction I want it to. The c_PIThrottle control setting doesn't seem to rotate the bundle when reverse thrust is used (pressing the S key). But thus far I can't get it to work.

Any suggestions on how to code my choppers so they keep the nice BF2 style hover but are still landable? :P

EDIT: Finally got the rotation bundle to point the engine down when using reverse thrust (I made a seperate new engine for this purpose). But it doesn't have any effect on flight physics....

hmmm...There has to be an easier way of doing this. I don't really want to create a fourth engine for all my choppers. :(

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:31 pm 

In DC_Final, (I believe not just DC.7), some of the choppers, such as the blackhawk, have some sort of right-click-to-hover system. I never looked into how that worked, but I always found it really useful. Maybe that could help?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:53 pm 

I never noticed that...interesting. Must test.

EDIT: I guess I won't, mods won't run on my pc. I get a message saying ".dll checksums differ" if I try to play anything but vanilla42. :?:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:25 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:37 pm 

Kinda hover mode, dunno if it works for '42

rem //// AntiGrav \\\\
ObjectTemplate.create FloatingBundle F_Pelican_0g_AntiGrav
ObjectTemplate.HullHeight 130000
rem ObjectTemplate.setFloatMaxLift 2.445
rem ObjectTemplate.setFloatMinLift 2.445
ObjectTemplate.FloatMaxLift 9.8
ObjectTemplate.FloatMinLift 9.8

No position specified. Mass of this Pelican is 10000

It is used in a spacemap of the HomeFront mod for BFV.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:24 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:04 pm 

i usually adjust the throttle on my joystick to hower, then i fly with mouse and keybord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:59 pm 

Not all of us play with joysticks. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next