Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:43 am 

The only thing I can see from what you posted is the "renderer.beginGlobalCluster" line in the geometries.con file. Try getting rid of that. I don't know what it does, but I only use it on vehicles and my destructible statics don't use it.

It also appears you created a lot of templates that already exist. (like most of the geometry templates and the additional static objects).

If there is nothing that has to be unique to them, then remove them. Try not to create redundant code.

But if you must keep the static object templates, give them a unique name instead of using the same name as the venilla statics (same goes for the geometry template names).

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:02 am 

Ok, I'll look into it, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:06 am 

Not really. They're part of the PCO by virtue of being addtemplated to it and it's the addTemplated to the main PCO that keep them part of it. That should be enough. Even with a few vehicles I made, I didn't use it and nothing bad resulted from it.

Also your house is stationary. So there is no issue with the individual parts "coming off". As I see it, this is used mainly on mobile stuff and is perhaps supposed to help reduce lag. I don't think I've ever seen it used on stationary vehicles.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2