[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - A bunch of questions

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: A bunch of questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:16 pm 

Ok so I would like it if you guys could give me hints on:

a) How to add three dimensional grass and weeds to any Battlefield 1942 map
b) How to add blood that accumulates on the ground for a certain period of time
c) Making trains turn on curves and turnouts using the Environemental Vehicle concept
d) Making caves and other rock formations in the heightmap
e) Adding water at different levels on a map
f) Making waterfalls
g) Creating animals which act like bots
h) Making bots chat
i) Adding a crosshair to the third-person view for soldiers

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A bunch of questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:28 pm 

Woah...I'm not entirely sure that any of those are possible, and if they are it would be extremely labor intensive...such as, each piece of grass would need to be a static object, or a very small treemesh. I don't know about the blood, and what the hell is the environmental vehicle concept? BF42 doesn't support "underground", I think you can only make caves and the like by covering a hole with an object. I don't think water can be at two different heights, as the water level is specified in the init.con I believe. Waterfalls might be possible but I don't have the expertise there. Animal bots could be done, just remove their weapons/make them invisible, tell them never to fire, and restrict the AI Paths to a small area so they don't run all over and possibly get into trouble, like a gunfight. Would require redoing the entire skeleton setup of the game as well, (which I believe means everyone is an animal) unless the animal was like a vehicle :lol: I think I saw somewhere that you can make bots say pre-recorded things at regular intervals, but I don't remember how. I know a third person crosshair is possible but again I don't know how to make it and I believe it would be very buggy.

ahhhh lot of typing :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:32 pm 

Why do you want that?

xFire: wgpsenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:45 pm 

Good question, some of that stuff is a little...odd.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:19 pm 

half of that IS possible with animation and modeling.

anyways:

1. cant you already do that? what do you consider the foliage as that's already?

2. actually that could be surprisingly easy if you could have something spawn as you die. just have it spawn at feet level and look like a puddle of blood. that's and easy model, texture job, the only thing is the coding.

3. the only way your going to do that is with ai. or have an "invisible" track that you have it in.

4. easy just not with a heightmap like WHY said.

5. impossible without making the water it's own object and using animation to keep it moving.

6. just like #5 ^^^

9. I know this is possible. archi's done it. it's just changing animations I believe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:59 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:08 pm 

a) How to add three dimensional grass and weeds to any Battlefield 1942 map

Grass in a bf1942 mesh involves creating static treemeshes which instead of bushes or trees, look like grass

b) How to add blood that accumulates on the ground for a certain period of time

Might be possible, but only with a lot of effort, and I'm not entirely sure it would accumulate. Bleeding is possible though

c) Making trains turn on curves and turnouts using the Environemental Vehicle concept

Environmental vehicles are only really good for two things: Straight, and circles.

d) Making caves and other rock formations in the heightmap

Caves and other rock formations are formed by 3d models, not the heightmap.

e) Adding water at different levels on a map

It is possible to add multiple Water planes to a map and created two water levels on higher planes.

f) Making waterfalls

Is possible by making an effect template which falls instead of rises, like smoke with a water texture.

g) Creating animals which act like bots

You could create animals, but they would use the same bot code as the regular bots and would just attack you instead of wander around. Unless thats what you want.

h) Making bots chat
Not possible sorry.

i) Adding a crosshair to the third-person view for soldiers

Is possible, well, at least after some interesting tweaks. You can replace all First person meshes with 3rd Person ones, as well as the skeletons and what not. This is the glory of the SoldierCameraPosition. After making a copy of all 3rd person parts and making them first person as well, and replacing the first person skeleton with the 3rd person skeleton, you can have a full soldier in first person, after that all you gotta do is move the camera positions on the guns farther back. With the perfect camera positions and some hefty Animating you can create a 3rd Person shooter out of battlefield. This is also possible in BF2. And yes Why I did it, I never finished it however. The Amount of animating was overwhelming.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]