[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Add FH Betty Bomber to BF1942 custom map

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:47 pm 

Question: As my post says, I would like to add the Forgotten Hope Jap Mitsubishi G4M2 "Betty" to a custom BF1942 map I am making.

I know how to add the static objects, but to add vehicles & get them to work they require:

- Geometry.con
- Objects.con
- Physics.con
- Weapons.con
- Network.con

and usually a .con file named after the vehicle telling it to run the other .con files.

- G4M2_Betty.con

In the FH G4M2(Betty) objects folder, It does not have a Damage.con file, so i assume the damage script is in the objects.con file.

If I add all the StandardMesh, Sound & texture files, what else would I need to do to get this to work in a BF1942 map.

Thank You,
JH

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:05 pm 

That oughta do it...Just make sure and do everything EA did for the BoB Ju88.

Last edited by Sheppard on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:48 pm 

Everything you mentioned so far is correct, but I fear that's not all of it.

Remember to put the vehicleicon.dds in menu/texture/vehicle, otherwise you'll have a big ugly grey square instead of a nice miniimage.

As this is not a BF42 standard object, you have to be careful with the materials. FH and BG42 have completely redone the materialmanager files, so almost no material in Vanilla is the same as in the mods.

Check the weapons.con and the objects.con so they have assigned proper Vanilla materials.
If you encounter weird damaging on the plane itself (e.g. invincible or strange splinter effects) you'll have to edit the standardmesh and reassign the material faces...:/

You also should be careful if the object refers to other objects commonly used with other objects and thus not stored together with the betty itself (e.g. gunner's MGs)

I'm not exactly sure how the Betty is designed and if it uses the basic StationaryMG42 or if it uses one of the custom FH mgs. Might cause a problem if you don't import them too.

xFire: wgpsenshi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:12 pm 

Thanks for the reply's.

So far so good. I have found all the Standardmeshes & Texures, but i cannot find 3 sound files:

G4M_R_Idle.wav
G4M_R_Engine_Mid.wav
G4M_R_Engine_Hi.wav

I have looked in the sound.rfa for Forgotten Hope, but it's not there.

Any idea's?

Note: Most of the sound files the .ssc calls are basic BF1942 sounds.

Thanks,
JH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:55 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:04 pm 

Don't change the guns, just get all of their files too. I haven't played FH in a really long time, but doesn't the Betty have a rocket plane thing attached to it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:39 pm 

Changing the guns shouldn't be that big of a problem and saves quite some additional imports...worst thing possible are some visual glitches in the gunner view, but I'd give it a shot.

Just glanced at your weapons.con:

Make sure to change all references to FH stuff that you don't have imported.
Examples:
projectileTemplate 250kgCBomb
projectileTemplate 20mmProjectile

Not sure if this is Vanilla or FH code, better check too: ObjectTemplate.visibleBarrelTemplate e_Muzz20mmWC

This also goes for the objects.con, check all "addTemplate", "ObjectTemplate.geometry" and projectiletemplate used for references to FH stuff.
Either change it to appropiate Vanilla correspondents (e.g. the bombs and MG projectiletemplates) or, for a more accurate presentation, also import these FH objects...but beware, filesize will grow quickly as FH has vast amounts of shared objects stored either in "Common" or spread throughout multiple objects.

xFire: wgpsenshi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:49 pm 

ObjectTemplate.visibleBarrelTemplate e_Muzz20mmWC is definitely FH code. I'd change it to ObjectTemplate.visibleBarrelTemplate e_MuzzHeavy This is what brownings, MG42s, and I think most plane guns use.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next