Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:42 am 

This is a bit weird, if i try connect to the server with my gaming computer, a core2 duo it crashes 10 of 10 times, after remmed some settings in the server i could join and play with a old celeron 2.66 machine whilst the game on my gaming compu still crashed.

however i kept remming out stuff and now i can join and play with both machines at the same time.

so far i remmed out all vehicles, all statics and changed all weapons in init.con to Iraq_Sniper

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:35 pm 

Is this still the unpatched version? The patched version of the file is 15k vs the unpatched one, which is about 63k in size. The patched one seemed to work once in a while, or maybe worked for at least a couple minutes.

A couple months ago we were trying to get the carrier to move on Wake. We never got it working, but the map would load and you could spawn. As you got closer to the carrier, the instant it would show up on the minimap the game would crash. I may be crazy but it seemed like a similar thing here sometimes - if I spawned on blue, it was an instant crash. If I spawned red, I could jump in a helo, but as soon as I got closer to the blue base it was all over. I thought at first that it was because I had put in a Stryker, and EE-9 and Ladas so I took them out but it still happened.

I seem to remember playing this map several years ago so there Must be an answer but I have no idea what happened.

From what you say I imagine a bare landscape with a bunch of Iraqi snipers running around in the open. That doesn't sound like much fun :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:17 pm 

yes still org files. i checked that patch file and it was exactly as the orig only that he had put in all game modes in the GameTypes folder. it didnt do any difference for me at all.

edit: yeah i saw the size difference to, i guess he have compressed the file with rfapack or something.

anyway i got it to work somewhat reliable with only remming out some of the vehicles, i got this from the debugger so i remmed out the humvee´s and some more.
you can try it for your self and see how it works for you.

oh it worked better with my gaming compu with this patch whilst the old one could crash about 50/50. if it gonna crash it does so as soon as you spawn, if it doesnt one can play fine how long as one want.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:26 pm 

It worked fine with the patched version, for the couple minutes I was in. So there were issues with the Humvees, AA Armor, rocket trucks, etc.?

Weird, those are pretty much standard fare in most maps :(

I'll see what I can add without crashing it out.

It looks like it might be the /\ in the path? Do you know where those are? I obviously don't have the c:\... path it mentions and the textures are in the objects.rfa, right?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:32 pm 

yeah they should be in objects.rfa, i did a quick test on another DC map and there was similiar reports from the debugger there to, altho it worked fine to host and join with that map. so i guess there is some other thing ultimately causing this fenomena, just that those vehicles maybe "push" it over the edge for this buggy game so to speak.

dunno how to correct the errors from the debugger :?

edit no sry i mean they should be in the standardmesh folder

edit2: just checked and there is no humvee_windows.sm file in the STANDARDMESH\DesertCombat\Humvee folder. it must have slipped away somehow ;)

Last edited by freddy on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:35 pm 

I ran it with the debugger on mine originally too, but figured the errors were from the development/testing and maybe weren't valid in my troubleshooting (since there were on a local game and not on a dedicated server).

I'm still baffled that it's either working for everyone else or if it's not that a simple Google search doesn't bring up hundreds of hits about it ...

Thanks for at least validating my results, freddy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:38 pm 

yw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:48 pm 

Last update - I realized that I had just run with the dedicated server exe and not the BFSM. I started the server with your 005.rfa and used BFSM, and when I joined it crashed my client to the desktop. What the two have to do with one another I have no idea, but that map is JACKED :)

I think it's time to find another map to play with now ... :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next