[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Battleaxe error without without mod

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:11 pm 

I'm seeing an odd error with Battleaxe running DC .7 and BFSM. If I set it as next map, it seems to take OK in the BFSM GUI and even responds to !next map as Battleaxe but in the console I get an error:

error: couldn't set the game mode for the level battleaxe (in mod desertcombat) to GPM_CQ.
Either the level doesn't exist, or it exists but doesn't support the specified game mode.

I have tried:
1. With and without the mod file (on a test box)
2. Replacing the DC Battleaxe rfa with a fresh, just installed one (on the test box and eventually the production server)
3. Looking at the BF files and they both (the rfa and the _003.rfa) seem to be the exact same size as a freshly installed copy (but I have not replaced them)

If I run the map just using the built in dedicated server exe (on a separate test box) it was crashing a bunch. That seemed to stop when I replaced the server map file with the freshly installed one (although they appeared to be the same size). After that the test box runs the map OK with and without my _010 mod file. I uploaded both the replaced original rfa and my _010 file to my production box but I still get the same error.

I know sometimes the server has to be restarted to see an updated map list and other changes, I have not completely gotten out of BF and back in from scratch, but I've never ever seen this error before. I googled a bunch and found one reference to it but there was no reolution that I saw.

Does anyone have any idea on what is causing this, or better yet, how to fix it? :D

If I'm not clear enough please ask and I will be happy to provide details.

Thanks -

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 pm 

An update:

It's been a long time since we did anything to the server so I had to go re-learn some stuff. There was evidently an issue with the DC-converted "vanilla" '42 maps that someone patched independently ().

I checked my production server versions for all the maps.
The BF maps were the same everywhere.
I tried the original DC map - BFRM says it's not a valid CQ map and won't load it.
The patched map referenced above - it loads in BFRM, loads on the client until (I think) the minimap tries to display something on the Coalition side and then crashes to the desktop
My mod file - moot at this point, I haven't tried it until I get a stable base for it.

Right now I'm testing everything on a different dedicated box until I feel like I can post it to my live one without crashing it.

Does anyone have a version that works on a dedicated server (preferably with the BFRM)? Other than shifting stuff around and trying them in different configurations I'm not really sure how to proceed in the troubleshooting. I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:08 am 

I´m not familiar with DC and the different versions, but i could try it on my home server and check the results. I have Desert Combat and DC final installed, and its a windows server. I i remember correctly the install is DC- server files (287MB) and DC final propably "game files" as its 784MB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:49 am 

update

ok so i started battleaxe dedicated server, cranked up my game and joined. spawned allied run some steps and tried enter a chopper then my game died.

this is with none mods at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 am 

Thank you very much for trying. Was this with or without the patch I mentioned above?

It sounds very similar to what I'm seeing on my box. With this happening right out of the box (so to speak), I can't believe there aren't postings all over about it (that I found).

Also, were you using the BFSM or only the built-in dedicated server exe?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:02 am 

Hi. i used BFSM (latest version) and its a untouched Desert Combat install

however i just tried to host a local game from my game itself, and there was no Battleaxe map to select. i think this must be an error in the game files and not the server files.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:07 am 

I think you need to look for "Operation Battleaxe" and not just "Battleaxe."

I predict it will run fine and that you will even be able to connect other clients to it successfully. That was my experience.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:10 am 

ahh a bit to quick there maybe :) ill check again, im curious now :)

edit: yep your right, worked fine to host from game, altho i just tried with one player.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next