Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:38 am 

How do you do it? I have all the .sm .rs and .dds files. It works when I pack them into Texture.rfa and StandardMesh.rfa
But how do you limit it into only one map, like Omaha Beach? Without touching the main map file. I know you need to generate a file like Omaha_Beach_004.rfa But what files and codes do I need to put in there? Give me all the details please.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:13 pm 

so wait... you want to make a patchfile as in Omaha_beach_004? simple... I believe that all you would have to do is create a folder, then put a Texture folder and a StandardMesh folder in there. put what you need into those folders and pack it using winRFA. just pack it as Omaha_beach_004 or whatever. if you leave the Fh k98 model as the same of the current one, then it should automatically pick it.

Edit: also read Iced's post on patch on making patch files in the tut's section. it's where I started modding = D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:51 pm 

Nope it doesn't work. I'm thinking there might be a code like the one we use to apply custom skins, something like:

textureManager.alternativePath bf1942/levels/Omaha_Beach/

in the init.con file.

I just need that kind of a code to apply the models.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:15 pm 

as much as I would love that. there isn't one. and knowing bf code you can't make one. maybe... but most likely not. and it wouldn't be serverside at all. not that this topic is anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:35 am 

The textureManager.alternativePath code is used to select which theatre of war the battle is in, so it can select skins for the vehicles. This is CSM changable, to for example, Pacific, instead of Europe, and pack it up and on any nonpure server you'll have "tropical" skins on the German vehicles, since the Allied ones stay green. I know what you're trying to do is possible, what you need to do is replace all the files related to the K98 in the game, rename so they're the same. But if you want this on just one map, I can't really help...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]