Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: CHANGE VEHICLE MATERIAL
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:46 pm 

Hi Guys , i modding bf1942 for some time now , vanilla and Fh , i wanna make a fhminimod for lan only , and a demo map for player to see how fh is .

So my problem is , i wanna put the lvtmk5 in a custom omaha mapa (made for 40 players running on the server Terrra Battlefield 1942 1.61b) , i also wanna make some tests for use in lan , with other vehicles , but the problem is the damage system , i have 3dmax 6 and gmax 1.2 , but i dont know how to change the material , i followed the mdt tutorial , i can see the vehicle material , in the case of the lvtmk5 138 but when i changed and exporte the model loose all textures ( but takes damage ) or loose texture and you can go through it .

I try putting the fh damage system in the map but it screw up regular vehicles , u can destroy a plane with one machine can clip ou sink the lvt with a colt .

So any help is welcome :)

Ohh gonna upload the maps soon , they are BAttleaxe Supercharged , Operation Omaha , Operation Brevity and Operation Market Garden , all made for 40 to 64 players .

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:33 pm 

tutorial.php?page=damagesystem.html

That's the story with Weapons, for vehicles it's the same, look up fir the material of a tank and use it for example on a jeep. I don't know if it will work SSM...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:55 pm 

I dont think this answers the question entirely.

When importing a model from another game, mod or your own vehicle, the MDT tutorials indicate that the model needs to have materials assigned to it. For example a tank has multiple materials on it which are assigned as rodrigodc01 indicates above through the model software.

I am also having the same issue with a recent map i ported from 1942 into PoE Invasion of the Philippines. Usually the huey projectile will work on everything in BFV air, land and sea vehicles. However, only splash which is material 204 or 206 for the projectile works on the PT Boat. I have other conflicts also and have had issues with reassigning projectile materials from the imported weapons and materials for which existing weopons impact the imported vehicles.

The torpedo in the PT Boat had no impact on the environment or other sea vehicles until i changed its material number.

However, if the imported vehicle has material numbers assigned from DC or DCX or 1942 which are different from those in BFV or if the model never had material numbers assigned that BFV understands - how do you do it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]