Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: testing with own server
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:50 am 

Hi everybody
Ive tried modding a map and I've run into trouble whilest testing it on my own server
What im doing is running a dedicated server from a battlefield installed to a different directory to the one i play from. I found this from a tutorial.
I am using Battlefield server manager v2.0
Anyway i create the server with the I.P as my own local address. Everything looks fine from the server end, when i go to run the client end which is my C:\\Program files\Ea Games etc... i can update my list and it sees it there however it is grey (what does this mean btw)?
Anyway when i go to click it it says "Failed to connect to server" with no numbers or log of it.
This happens with any map i load with bfsm and any mod aswell - so its not my faulty map lol.
Anyway does anybody have any clue as to what is causing this. It is not firewall because i disable all firewalls and it still doesnt even try to connet just gives the same error.
Many thanks in advance! Any help on this will be much appriciated its driving me insane
Cheers - josh

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:45 am 

I fixed this problem it was because I was running a NoCD.exe crack which somehow made it think it was the wrong version.
But anyway i have a new problem :roll:

This happens when creating with the dedicated server, the battlefield 1942 server manager, and when making a server within the game. If i make the server in the game i can load it and play it. Everyone can see the server in there Local list, and can begin connecting. Approximately halfway through loading the game crashes to the desktop.
If i run in a true-testing-environment i cant get on either, my game crashes to the desktop about half way through loading
ANybody experienced anything like this?
Cheers heaps - Josh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:27 am 

Hi everyone fixed this problem too
incase anyone was interested i was adding object.spawn templates which is a nono i guess? I miss understood a tutorial sory about the senseless thread. Il asume no-one replied because you all knew i was on the way to success myself :D
lol cheers all thanks anyway

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]