[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - NOTE* THIS IS NOT SERVERSIDE

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:27 pm 

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:28 pm 

try setting the springs to 0 , e.g

ObjectTemplate.create Spring LadaWhe_BR
ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo SpringInfo
ObjectTemplate.geometry Lada_Whe_R
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.hasCollisionPhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.hasResponsePhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.setStrength 0.1
ObjectTemplate.setDamping 0.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:45 am 

You are referring to the 'static objects' in the map ?
This would be in the map's static objects.con and there sould be a surface properties code that defines how the surface of that object reacts when hit by another object, for example : whether or not it has the 'bounce' property assigned to it.

I am going to investigate this in more depth and try it out. :?

That is a good idea you have there with the movable ( pushable or rolling ) objects in a custom map. 8-)

Someone told me a while ago about making a map that is like a 'Soccer' field with a pushable sphere ( a round ball shaped thingy ) and large open boxes at each end of the map for the goals.

The movable object is pushed around using jeeps. :lol:

Your map idea sounds cool and we would like to know a few more details about it. ok ?

thank you and keep up the good work :wink:

l___________________

Anthony Voltano 7/7/4777
VXF VOLT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:14 am 

the Maps that i plan to use this for are a single player map which i wanted to have fun on for meself and an overhall of berlin. Using some files from berlin im making a version of berlin thats special to our clan. With new kits, pak40s, modifications of the weapons and how powerful they are, and many other things. The Idea of the Rolling deadly boxes came when i placed a box near a window up in a Citymesh4 on the corner of a street. I stood near the box and wondered what would happen if i knocked it out the window. So i added some code very simple code at that.

ObjectTemplate.Active stecrate1_m1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.hasResponsePhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.mass 800 - 1000 <--- it varied

And i went on the map and pushed the crate out the window...not very easily i must say. It hit the ground and im sure it wouldve killed something but. When i had seen it for the first time in the room it was bouncing, like dancing on its corners, and when i pushed it out the window and it rolled. I noticed it trying to go back on to its base. Or thus the self righting thing. I was quite confused and disapointed and went looking for an answer. and needless to say i tried many things. But none seemed to work. So i came here. The only thing i wish from this is that the boxes sit still and dont try to self right themselves. Then it would be perfect and we could use this mod in some custom maps to make a truly interesting game play experience for BF1942. can anyone say peeka boo, heres some crates on your head. So Thankyou for your help. Ill be keeping in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:44 am 

I'll need to mess with this to see what you mean by righting themselves, but it might be possible. Since it's not serverside and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:55 am 

from what i see , these crates are created in staticobjects.con so it might be a bf1942 engine thing.

try using the standardmesh and create a "vehicle" with it, there u can define all attributes.

they did this DC with the para ammo crate, found in objects.rfa, but the code doesnt seem finished, cuz when i tinkered with it , the crate would roll and roll until it destroyed,
might need some more mass or drag or something ...

--= Home of the Airwolf =--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:04 pm 

actually what ive been doing is puting the crates as an object spawner and spawning them like vehicles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:07 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]