[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Driveable Nimitz?

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Driveable Nimitz?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:52 pm 

Last edited by Scorpion on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:32 am 

You can try 2 things (1 rem out the networkable info (not sure what this will do though) or (2 use an engine that doesn't have it. Use a torpedo or katyusharocket engine, and set the torque and differential to match the Nimitz engine. Also make sure you change engine type to C_ETShip or it won't work underwater. That should do it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:45 am 

Correct DesertFox. I'm still at work so I can't test this out.

Just so I fully understand, rem always requires objects.rfa to be tweaked (not a patch or SSM within ObjectSpawnTemplates.con). Correct?

Another thing I would try is to tweak the Static version of the Nimitz which already has an engine attached to it. If you could live with the lack of logic in the naming of the PCO. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:46 am 

Yes in the Object.con or physics.con of the vehicle, where it has the engine's networkable info coded, rem out the line referring to it. I don't know what after effects this has, however. (I assume it has a reason for being there). So, I would think it would be easier to do this:

ObjectTemplate.Active NimitzComplex
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate torpedo_engine

ObjectTemplate.Active torpedo_engine
ObjectTemplate.setInputToRoll C_PIThrottle
ObjectTemplate.setEngineType C_ETShip

ObjectTemplate.setTorque <<<<< These two control speed and power,
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential <<<< the min and max rotation/maxspeed are for plane engines, they are controlling animations, only these two have any effect.
Set the torque and differential to match the shokaku's or the vanilla enterprise (I'd do the Enterprise, it is closer to the same size) And this will give it similar speed and handling.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:22 pm 

Well, I figured I needed all the mobile and respose physics code so I left it. Unfortunately, it did the "disconenct" on minimap thing still. Here is Exactly what si in my OST.con:

ObjectTemplate.Active Nimitz
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.hasResponsePhysics 1

ObjectTemplate.Active lodNimitz

ObjectTemplate.setTorque 500
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential 30

(Fox, I only found ONE instance referring to the Enterprise engine, and it had no torque or differential variables - it must be somewhere else, in fact, there is ONLY an objects.con in the RFA for the enterprise, no physics.con or anything else. I therefore made up the torque and diff values again.)

I then changed it so This is exactly what is in my OST.con file:

ObjectTemplate.setTorque 500
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential 30

I got the same results - US crashes immediately, red crashes when the carrier shows up on the minimap.

For the sake of argument, I can always use the Enterprise and tweak it. I will make rfas for as long as you gents are willing to make suggestions (including using the static version of the Nimitz, but I will need help with that); I like the idea of using the Nimitz but maybe this just isn't meant to be.

Thanks for your help and patience.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:49 pm 

I wanna make the camel in dc alnaz walk around that would be awesome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:31 pm 

Ok, that's spam...^^^ And...Well QOTSA, I'm pretty much out of ideas...Except one. I believe the DC Final carrier moves..try using that version of DC instead :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:53 pm 

Quick note: It's the change from 0 to 1 in ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 1 that is causing the crash.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next