[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Adding spawns

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Adding spawns
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:16 pm 

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:19 am 

I run two lag-free 64 player servers. If you (or anyone else) need mods tested, I'll be happy to throw them on my servers for you. That is, if you can find 62 other people to make it a full server.

E-Mail: mailto:eternally777@comcast.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:23 am 

Testing is not what is need. I can run the sever for testing. What I wanted to know, is if anyone knew the answer to the above question. I put the part about 46+ players cause one of my older map was fine for 32 players. No lag. but as soon as I put it on larger server lag would hit when the server reach 35 people. So if some one tells me 'yes you can add spawners' but they have only tested it on a 32 player server, then that does me no good.

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:30 am 

Oh okay. Sorry. :-)

I don't know from experience, but I'd assume adding any more object spawns to a map would increase lag. You're giving the server more objects to think about and keep track of.

Just my humble opinion, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm here to learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:33 am 

based on that theory, if the server has enough cpu power, then it could handel the extras. But from my El Ala experience, sometimes lag is caused for no good reason. Like I added just on vehicle (an ah-6, just one) and the server had lag. Took out the one I added and it went away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:59 am 

More objects of ANY kind will add to server lag. Its not the processor but
the communication.

All the things we can add or remove in SSM's will either add or remove
from what the server HAS to communicate to each player. Large maps
cause even more lag since the values for each object are larger in size to
match the map size.

Remember, lag is many things. These are just the standard ones for
El Alamein.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:33 am 

Allow me to share my serverside mod of El Alamein to "spice" it up. The goal was to make more aircraft and vehicles, but I felt I didn't need any new vehicles added to the map. So I simply lowered the min and max spawn times to low values, 5 and 10 respectively, and changed the MaxNrOfObjectSpawned to some absurd value (such as 64). It seemed to work well. I just finished playing it on our server with 48+ people, and it seemed pretty lag-free. Of course, there were still the instances where I would expect lag (ex. flying over the coalition main spawn while there are five seperate dog fights around you). Just another thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:44 am 

I have already modded El Alamein. If you would like to see it join the TNT El Alamein 24/7 server. I was interested in finding out which map to modd next for our second modded server. We intend to run a 3 map server with possible 46 poeple.

I am considering working with Guadal Canal, Dustbowl, and Gazala right now. The porblem is not gettin more vehicle into the map so much as it is getting more types. If I have more spawners I can add more types without adding more templates.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next