[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Just thought of an Idea!

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Just thought of an Idea!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:45 am 

I was thinking today on how to make BFV more realistic, (for of course my mod) then the thought came to me that I make a fuel system for say planes and helis. I guess there would be a warning like the siren on low health, but could you say, attach that code to an invisible weapon that doesn't shoot anything, and automatically shoots at a specific interval, to simulate fuel consumption?

Also could this be a special weapon code that could be re-armed example rockets are ammo type 3 i think?

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:05 am 

You could make a death bubble that is tied to the vehicle that only can hurt the vehicle, and have it work at a very slow rate.

Death bubbles can move, right? I think that is non-SSM though to keep it moving. I'm not entirely sure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:53 am 

Why would you do that? You don't want it to slowly destroy the vehicle, you want the engines to stop. I don't think a death bubble is the answer here. I'm not sure how to do the sirens, but for it to run out of fuel just add an overheat to the engine(s) that takes a long time to build up, and never goes back down.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:26 pm 

I guess you could do that but I would need to figure out how to add the siren sound file to a specific place on the overheat...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:46 pm 

A more difficult solution, but perhaps more cool:

Attach the engine as a seperate PCO which has its own hitpoints (representing the fuel) etc. Of course you'd need to somehow make the fuel capacity visible...perhaps make a small bar-like object with a fuel level indicator, position it so it's in the viewport of the pilot...Then you could have it show the different fuelstates by changing the textures according to its hitpoint level. BF doesn't support that dynamically, but you can workaround by using armoreffects. Attach the aforementioned death bubble (see W2Ks post) to slowly reduce the engines' HP. This would have the big advantage that you could "simulate" fuel shutdown by using "critical damage (which stops the engine)" without actually destroying the engine (Example: The engine has 1000HP, critical damage is set to 500 and HPlostwhilecritical is set to 0. This would mean when the engine hits critical, it stops getting further damage and still would have plenty of reserves so it doesn't get killed by "environmental" factores either (rockets, tanks, artillery)). This would mean if you managed to land an outoffuel-vehicle somehow and then repair it by wrench, vehicle or helipad your heli would be good to go again. And even your fuel level indicator would "rise" again :) .

You could further enhance that by allowing only specific kits or vehicles (fuel truck!) to "refuel" the engine PCO by giving it a unique material...

I'm pretty sure my idea would work with some workarounds, but it's hell a lot of work and definetly requires good modding experience. Would be a pretty unique mod feature however...

xFire: wgpsenshi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:54 pm 

Brilliant! I would start playing BFV again if you had that in your mod successfully. When is your mod's release anyway? It sounds interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:51 pm 

If you set the hpLostWhilecritical to a negative number equal to exactly the same as the death bubble, you could get away with leaving the engine/PCO's all the same, and when the engine hits critical it will be caught in a state of limbo where it is getting hurt and healed at the same rate. The engine will fail and you will stop/fall/etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:57 pm 

Problem with your method is that the vehicle itself will lose HP. Meaning that if the vehicle is shot by e.g. RPGs and gets damaged, this cumulates to the death bubble...A vehicle very low on fuel would easily be wasted with a single hit this way.

xFire: wgpsenshi

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next