[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - little list from a noob !

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:43 am 

Ok here goes im new here and would like to say hi to everyone.Now down to work,I want to show a list of things i would like to do,Ive been reading but some stuff is for 1942 so im unsure about them.I have bfv version 1.0 regular retail game

1)I want bodies to fly ,from bombs and large projectiles missles etc.

2)I want ejection from jets ,i only use mig-17 on my maps and hueys.

3)Would like a gattling gun from copter to be a extra weapon for all kits.

4)Horn nitro and same on jets(nitro jets).

5)Respawning towers on dart map.

6)bubble over usa islands dart map(no spawn killing)

7)As many m-17 hueys and jeeps and aa viecles as possible on dart map.

8)unlimited ammo and faster firing rate all weapons.

Is this all possible for a brand new guy to modding .I feel over whelmed and dont seem to know where to start? Thanks in advanced for any help you can offer....

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:26 am 

First I'd update to ver 1.21 so you can play the best BFV servers.

#3 is impossible to do server-side.

I'd start with #4 cause nitrous is one of the most fun mods ever.

You should be able to find answers to most of your questions with the search function.

search.php

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:31 am 

I only want to host so no big concern there. and i only want server side and want to stay at version 1.00 because there are some hardcore purest out there that dont beleive in patches.Ive done the unlimited ammo to my server and spawn anywhere and show all teams on mini map useing trainers that worked on multiplayer but i want to start modding.Oh ya punkbuster will be off as well.If that matters.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:44 am 

I went here tutorial.php?page=nitrous.html but i never heard of a KatyushaRocket_Engine in battlefield vietnam unpatched am i wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:34 am 

There is always a workaround.
Katyucha Rocket Engine is replaced with horn in BFV.

Good luck with a server full of M60 kits and cheaters btw.
Doesn't impress me one bit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:52 am 

I got the jeeps to nitro ,very cool indeed !
I put this in C:\Program Files\EAGAMES\BattlefieldVietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\Archives\objects.rfa\Vehicles\Land\Mutt\Weapons Con

rem *** Horn Nitro Boost Mod ***
ObjectTemplate.reloadtime .5
ObjectTemplate.roundOfFire 3
ObjectTemplate.fireOnce 1
ObjectTemplate.fireingForce 2000
ObjectTemplate.recoilSpeed 25
ObjectTemplate.recoilSize 50

and this in C:\Program Files\EAGAMES\BattlefieldVietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\Archives\objects.rfa\Vehicles\Land\Mutt\Object Con

rem ----- Horn Nitro Boost Mod -----
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 180/0/0
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate MuttEntry
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/1
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate MuttEntry
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/-1
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate MuttPassengerPCO
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0.35/-0.25
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate MuttTOWPCO
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0.092/-1.031
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate MuttTOWBaseLOD
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0.092/-1.031
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate MuttEngine
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0.75/-0.25
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate MuttSteeringDummy

works great !!! but steering is very stiff at high speed i dont know if thats a plus or minus?

as for m-60 noobs ,m-60's can be disabled or if cheaters are found banned thats the least of my toubles this modding worries me more.lol but im off to a good start so far!

i was wondering is it possible to change the jeeps to say red server side?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:20 am 

When cheaters are found you ban them, but you do use multiplayer trainers to see the other team? Weird stuff, but anyway. Most things you want to do are quite simple.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:12 pm 

The trainers help everyone see everyone else so its even all across the board and I turn it on at the end of a game to clean up stragglers after all flags have been taken,usually camping snipers or people away from keyboard makes for a quicker end.

I've also been reading and colour change wont work
server side so i will scratch that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next