Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:39 pm 

Am currently trying to modify the smoke emitter. If it can be turned upside down, repositioned and then instead of a smoke sprite graphic replace it with a rain sprite. So it should work if based on that theory. (Note that the smoke or fire emitter currently does not require a trigger event....

I guess the smoke is located in objects.rfa.

will let you know how we go, but we think we are close.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:58 pm 

I think it's located in ainimations.rfa, but that's just a guess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:01 pm 

Ok, so we used the smoke emitter and reverse engineered the smoke into the waterdroplets.

Means updating the objects.rfa though. Looks great, although you cant see it if your flying high.

So am going to try and make it map side for csm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:51 am 

I have successfully made rain using the current smoke 0bject. Its using the 2D sprite that snafu came up with. I then raised the o_DMZsmoke object up in the air and rotated it to emit down instead of up.

What I did was simply add the new sprite to the smoke or fog emitter. In objects.rfa I created a new effect file e_DMZRain and adjusted the settings inside of it. (obviously client side and its a mod since this can only be done in the objects.rfa file).

BIG problem is that all existing smoke emitters spit out rain. So got rain, but no smoke.

As you know with the fog or smoke effect there is a geometry and objects.con files that create a standardmesh. How do I create a new effects object that I can move around with Battlecraft or put in the staticobjects.rfa and move it around to set up as the rain object? Thereby releasing the smoke emitter back to making smoke and creating a rain object.

The smoke object in BC is a crate (same for fog). I attempted to copy the smoke .rc and .sm files in the standardmesh.rfa and rename them but it dont work.

Anyone know of good tutorials on creating emitters, and effects?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:23 am 

Ok figured it out. the 2D sprite doesnt need a geomtry and object file referring to a standard mesh.

But we are making a 3d sprite for the rain drop which will need its own geometry.con file in objects.rfa. The reason for doing this is so we can add collision physics to the rain. Currently, if you go into a hut while its raining you still get wet...

So either have to take the roof off to make it appear authentic, or the bloody roof has a lot of leaks. So the 2D will have to do for now.

i dont beleive its possible to make rain mapside only without touching objects.rfa and textures.rfa and play multiplayer. So i created me first mod using the BFV objects.rfa and changed it up and it works a treat.

Rain, rain, and more rain. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:54 pm 

Well I guess a command like run .../... will do the trick

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2