[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - WhatThes Custom Maps

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: WhatThes Custom Maps
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:37 am 

As I can see, this is BFV and custom map without coop support.
So your point again please. ;-)

I can imagine snipers like to spawnrape bots on one flag.
Actually never seen them do something else on a coop server.
Becouse sniper zoom is totally crazy and bots wont fire back at them, this is there wet dream.
But this is not the case here.

If he make aim abit worse and ad gravity to bullets. :idea:
This could be a challange.
But from what I can see he wants to make zoom even stronger and aim probebly better. :shock:

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:42 pm 

No no no I only want the zoom a bit stronger, because this is a pretty big map. Aim I am going to try to make historicly accurate. Maybe the m16 w/ scope had actually good aim, or the bolt actions had horrible aim. I also may tone down the damage that snipers do to the different parts of the body, but for real snipers, 1 headshot = 1 kill so thats going to stay the same. I'm going to make sure a shot to the foot barley does any damage at all, a shot to the leg (if I can make it) will automaticly put the soldier that got hit in the leg into walk (well soldiers in real life would be limping so I will make it close to that).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:08 pm 

M16 scope is a horrible rifle and need 2 headshots in game btw.
5.56 is a small thingi and doesn't do much harm after a while.
300-500meter depending weather I would say.
M21(M14) is a true sniper rifle, with good aim up to 1000-1200 meter.
If I'm not out bicycling, I think the 7.62 bullit will pass through 20 soldiers with full backpack. Ingame 1 :cry:
M40, here you have a rifle to snipe with.
Bolt-action = true power in bullit, this gun do damage.
1200-1500 meter for sure, probebly further.
M16 has fast second shot, but it's not my sniper rifle of choise.
M21 should be my friend in the forrest.
M40 got to slow reload and to few rounds in mag.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:32 pm 

I know I tried using the m16 scope instead of a m40 on either cambodian or trail and the accuracy droped dramaticly (both were shot standing up, due to the position). And if I understand what you were trying to say about the m21 shot, you want the velocity to go down? For the m21 itself you want it to be able to see 1000-1200m, because in game (non-modded) it can only see like 700-900m without blur. You want the m40 to be more powerful right, because I think its a little under powered. What about the SVD, type 56, and nvas bolt action that has wierd name? SVD I think needs a little more zoom, type 56 I'm going to have a scope modded onto it, and NVA bolt action I think needs more zoom.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:23 pm 

This is a game, what I was saying was real.

M16S 100meter headshot 90% possibility.
This is a toy rifle.

Now to the real guns.
M14/M21 Same gun with a scope, 300meter headshot 90% possibility.
M40 400meter headshot 90% possibility.
SVD 300meter headshot 90% possibility.
Type56 300meter headshot 90% possibility.
M91 400 meter headshot 90% possibility.
Then gravity, velocity and accuracy will take over and make you miss(on all rifles).
Lower damage after 100m min damage at 200m (M16S).
Lower damage after 200m min damage at 350m (M14/M21/SVD/TYPE56)
Lower damage after 300m min damage at 500m (M40/M91)
Min damage = 50%

As it is now accuracy is too good, sniper rifles are for noobs that wanna get one or two kills and not die to much.
Only skill and LAG stop them from killing with headshots.

Make them work for the kills.

Headshot should kill exactly.
3 shots in chest is fair, except M16S I would go for 6 there.
Legs/arms, about 10 shots, except M16S make it empty a mag(20).

Ok, this guys will not move fast, probebly not at all.
So accuracy on guns should be low so they miss if they are to far away, and if they hit on far distance it should do less damage.
This to make them more active and try to sneak up on there enemies.
Giving them medpack is both bad and good.
I would go for not, now they have to go and find health and become a target.
Or give medpack a little ammo and no auto reload, just enough to heal them one time.
Then they can refill it at an ammobox.
This will allow sniper to select witch gun to use more carefully and scope around for enemies to sneak up on and kill with a headshot.

Now snipers have something to do and something to prove.

Making a super aim gun better at aim when playing with ppl that don't move, that's ridiculous.
Even a todler will be able to aim and hit.

Will this be a sniper 24/7 server?
If not, good luck keeping players on server.

And what will be the point of this map?
Attacking flags are quite pointless.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:04 pm 

I'm going to make it so whichever team holds the center flag the other teams tickets bleed, no matter how many flags that team holds, so first one to the flag, first to gain a lead on tickets. No TKO2 is not a sniper 24/7 server, we have plenty of other maps such as, Cliffs of Insanity: By Losnar, Raceway: By Boom, Crossroads: by Losnar, Kon Hoai Island: By Havok&Boom And more. Urglub that looks perfect for the damage and number of shots to ___ body part for a kill.

Last edited by WhatThe on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:13 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:05 pm 

Thank You Boom, I knew it was someone from here that did Hon Khaoi Island, and I wasnt sure about Crossroads. Also Boom do you thing you can do any of the mods I talked about in the first post, and if I dont camoflauge the bunkers that will be the SniperZones well enough you can go ahead and fix that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next